Is WarCraft 3 Classic free now?

So can the original game be downloaded and played for free now? I can’t check this out because I already own ROC and TFT.

5 Likes

Curious about this too

1 Like

I don’t think so. You can’t buy RoC and TFT anymore and you have to Reforged as it will bring the Classic versions as well.

1 Like

you have to download the reforged client and play with “classic” graphics
it’s garbage.

4 Likes

No, another gambit.

They are free if you already have them. If you don’t have them you buy reforged. It’s change little. You are still forced to downloads reforged regardless

Is registered tft key enought or do i need also reign of chaos key ?

Here’s a link to the game if someone wants to try to download it and report back:

h ttps://www.blizzard.com/en-us/games/war3/

I tried redeeming TFT key only, just for the sake of it. It doesn’t work, I’m greeted with an error when attempting to launch the game (the key activated with no issues). Other account that has RoC+TFT in its library works fine though.

Doesn’t matter if you have ROC TFT CD keys. In order to play YOU MUST BUY Reforged and then change in graphic settings in game.
This absolutely scamaz thing to do… Thx blizzard

2 Likes

well i have registered only TFT key only and i get this error i think u need tft and chaos key both registered then it works

So basically… those who never had the Original WC3 got “two games” for $30, while those who already had the original, just got “one game”… eh… i mean… paid like $60+ for “two games” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wow ! There’s no way they can leave it like this. I believe WC 3 Classic will be free soon, though. Just like StarCraft.

how is it free haha man i cant registered my reign of chaos key so i cant play u need both keys stils i think

If you bought WC3 at release, you had YEAAARS of enjoyment. That is probably the best bang for your buck you ever had. And you are complaining that people who buy it now, also get the classic you have been enjoying for years…??

I have thousands of hours in Command & Conquer Zero Hour, and couldnt care less if every single person on the planet gets that one for free. Only more opponents to play against.

I never understand why people get so pissed off if a game gets a discount (or becomes free) literally YEARS after release.

1 Like

Emmm, no. You can still activate ROC+TfT and play it, but Reforged option will be unvavailable (obviously).

you see a complaint where none is. it was just a side note of mine :smiley:

Y thats the problem it seems u need activate both keys TFT one is not enought :confused:

I had both of my keys activated and still had to buy reforged… That’s what I’m saying… Sucks I don’t care about 30, it’s about principle.

1 Like

I’m not asking if people who had Classic got Reforged for free. That wouldn’t be ethical. New work means people have to get paid. I’m asking if Classic is now free, following the StarCraft Remastered model.

2 Likes

So far it looks like no. It comes with reforged…