Instant access to classic Warcraft® III (Reign of Chaos® and The Frozen Throne®)

Blizzard is advertising instant access to classic Warcraft III when you buy Reforged. I decided to pre-purchase and was left confused as of how to access classic. After googling it I found a link to a forum with a link to another forum that let me download the installer.

After further searching, I also found this forum post.

I don’t understand why blizzard would advertise instant access to classic and then provide no information about how to download it. I also don’t understand why it’s being done through a forum post and not through the launcher, or through a link provided by the launcher.

26 Likes

I was in the same boat. I pre-ordered Reforged and for the love of me I couldn’t find where to get the game!

I was really trying in my Battle net app, in the online Blizzard shop, even on the Warcraft III webpage, nothing. Literally nothing. No information.

Then I found out by some obscure way on some Reddit thread linking some forum thread where there is a link to a downloaders. WTF!
I have to search and go to some forum post from who knows when to download the game and this is the only official way how to get the game?? I was really disappointed.

3 Likes

Ha Ha it’s kind of funny w/ all the Blizzard hate going on right now. You pre-purchased wc3, because the community is going to peak again and you want to brush up on your skills? GREAT! Give me your money and figure the rest of the crap out for yourself because we don’t have money for customer support, and btw buy some wow time so you can launch your credit card’s info into our bank account with your new catapult…

2 Likes

I am not in the Blizzard hate train (I think it’s very overblown), but this situation is really ridiculous:

• I bought a product which was advertised to include the classic version of WC3. After purchase, I receive literally no information how to actually obtain and play the game and the only source is some weird forum post. Actual WTF. This is not normal player behaviour to search through all forum posts.
  • I bought the normal version, because with the “spoils of war” version - I literally don’t know what I’m buying! The bonuses are not clearly written anywhere (some are, not all), again, except some weird forum post or even burried in one specific interview. Double actual WTF. Blizzard, do I get hero skins for Reforged if I pre-order the spoils of war version? Because I have literally 0 use for all other bonuses, but I sure as hell would like Arthas skin for my paladin.
    I don’t get this information anywhere. Anywhere. So I just bought the standard version.

Blizzard, I love you and your games and I’m very excited for what you’re doing with Reforged and WoW:Classic, but please, this is really a bit ridiculous.

9 Likes

I’m really hoping they’ll have some way to buy them with in game currency or charge me less than $5 for some similar cosmetics.

How did you get your key? I didn’t get one at purchase?

1 Like

Same problem here. I already have downloaded the game, but it is asking for a cd key!

Reforged is expected to be available by 12/31/19 according to the launcher, I hope we don’t actually have to wait a full year for it.

Use the latest installer. Log in on your b. Net account. Taaadaaa

1 Like

I didn’t receive a key. I just logged into my battle.net account which i purchased reforged on. It came up sometime in the setup process. It gave you a choice between using old keys and logging into your battle.net account which you used to purchase reforged.

Download keeps stopping at 94%… How do I fix this

I managed to find the installer and it downloaded and installed the game but then I do not get the option to log in to battle.net. It immediately asks for a key instead.

I’m on a Mac if that matters. My friend right next to me here that uses Windows got the option to log in.

Edit: This thread was ranked highly on search engines, thus I posted here. I have now found additional posts that say this is a recent problem specifically with the Mac version.

1 Like

It would be awesome if I could just buy the old ones. I really don’t care about the remaster its completely unnecessary. Not really trying to support new development of the same game I owned as a kid. To be honest they should have just made Warcraft 4 and made a new campaign. Cashgrab remake. I guess ill just go online and buy an old copy for the cdkey. Thoroughly not impressed

You might find it under Battle net > Account Settings > Games and Subscriptions > Scroll down to Classic Games

2 Likes

NO. Reforged is not a cashgrab. Because 1) it brings in new blood; 2) it makws the game run on new systems.

NO. Why would you even want it? You have no idea whether “WC4” would be a good game, but you know for sure that WC3 is.

Any updates if there has been a fix for Mac users? This is still the top/best google result…

I think the best fix for mac users is to get a Windows computer :slight_smile:

mac user. same issues, no key shows up under games and subscriptions (but is showing war3 reforged preorder). no option to login, just enter name and cdkey

1 Like

Hrm.

Bad news for you, Arthas in Spoils of War is a Death Knight skin, not a Paladin skin.

I have exactly the same problem after installing it on a Macbook Pro.

Playing the beta on my Windows PC with no problem, but I still can’t play classic.

1 Like