Impale animation Rework for Reforged

I think its time we have the impale animation reworked for Reforged.

Instead of lifting units into the air the spikes should go into them.

The lift animation also has a 1 second invulnerability because they don’t want it to look wonky.

So I think its time the animation was redone so that it looks more legitimate to what the spell does and so that there isn’t a 1 second “invulnerable period”

4 Likes

Isn’t there a 24 frame limitation?

I heard something about this at BlizzCon demo.

For unit animations.

1 Like
1 Like

But realistically.

No lore wise.

The spikes come from the ground and “Impale” the units not launch them into the air.

1 Like

What really sucks is that it makes enemies invulnerable for about a second and that it can not affect targets that are ensnared/rooted/webbed.

3 Likes

Difference in delay with 1 second invunerability and none.

1 Like

Would you be okay with them just removing the 1 second invul which would reduce the total duration of the stun?

Or are you asking them to prolong the stun by 1 second and remove the invul period? Seems like either would affect the balance of the ability and they would have to do some tweaking.

1 Like

How would removing 1 sec inital reduce stun duration? Tht is cast animation and you cannot hit units during tht time.

I dont understand.

But I rather go with option 2 if that cant be reduced. Longer stun lower animation.

There are two periods for the CL spell:

1. The period where the enemy cannot control his units and you cannot hit his units (that is what you are referring to as the 1 second invulnerability which is also a stun since the enemy cannot control his units)

2. The period where the enemy cannot control his units and you can hit his units (this is the part that is just a stun).

I was asking if you wanted to remove part 1 without extending part 2 or if you wanted to remove part 1 and extend part 2.

I think a reduction in part 1 would be nice. And maybe a small 0.5 increase in part 2.

Oh man, I didn’t realize how much that lifting into the air changes the look of the ability.

I think they should keep the air thing visually but disable the invulnerability.

2 Likes

The impale without delay is more of an actual impale.

But without the lift loses the iconic impale we know of.

I think a reduction in lift time may be better than removal.

2 Likes