I just wanted to continue leisurely playing Classic

… as the only Blizzard game I still felt was somewhat worth playing, and yet my Classic version turned into what could at best be described as a digital Frankenstein abortion with the snap of a finger and an applied patch.

On the upside, I was pleasantly surprised at how much room I suddenly have on my hard drive after deleting my entire Blizzard library.

Oh well… if that’s how roughly 25 years of gaming with this company is supposed to end, then that’s how it is, I guess.

Goodbye, Blizzard. It was fun while it lasted.

28 Likes

classic hasn’t died yet… give it time it will be fine

Oh, I’ll perhaps CONSIDER playing it again, when they split Classic from Reforged and actually turn Classic into Classic again.

4 Likes

fans will start working on doing that soon enough

2 Likes

I don’t give a damn. The fan base isn’t supposed to fix a company’s own self-inflicted mess.

I already got the shivers, when Blizzard proclaimed that they discontinued StarEdit support and referred disgruntled map makers to random third party modders not even in Blizzard employ (which given the current state of Blizzard would probably do a better job of it anyway). But it’s inherently wrong.

I want to play Classic exactly as it was like, say, a week ago. Right down to the…
Last.
Mothergrabbing.
Pixel.

And I want EA… sorry, Blizzard to facilitate that. Hell, I DEMAND it, or I’ll move on to other and apparently continuously better developers. And they’d better get that thumb dislodged from their anal cavity and speed that process up, because I may have a lot of redeeming qualities, but patience for corporate sloth isn’t one of them…

8 Likes

Blizzard will never do this. They will never split the community like that. Additionally, even if they did do it, they would never roll back the new terms of service on battlenet, so customs would still be gimped. The Warcraft that we all loved for over 15 years is pretty much dead, at least from an official standpoint.

The only way to play classic is to do it yourself and play with friends using LAN or pvpgn services. There are plenty of services out there already, but I guarantee the backlash from this Reforged nonsense will drive large groups of people to create new services to circumvent Blizzards BS.

Maybe. But Blizzard simply does not have much goodwill among the fans to continue pulling these stunts for long.

1 Like

Feels like this billion dollar company gave this game a sub-indie like budget. Thats what disturbs me. Its that or dev incompetance right

2 Likes

you are not the only one feeling like this, they pretty much shoehorned their garbage reforged client into everyone’s faces, its so screwd up that even if you didn’t bought reforge you STILL have to download ALL its 20GB+ of assets for absolute no reason, nor only that but the original bnet support was murderer and now you get thrown into BNET 2.0 even if you didn’t want it, its so bad, i want classic back, not this bootleg model switch they call reforged, oh and if you use classic graphics on the new reforged client they are also missing shadows and some effects so they look even WORSE than they did 18 years ago, wich is completely hilarious and sad

2 Likes

You don’t understand. Blizzard has been objectively destroying their IPs for years and people still defend them and purchase their games. I haven’t purchased a Blizzard game since Heart of the Swarm, and I did so reluctantly. Its so frustrating to see people complain about the downgrades and removed features in consecutive releases of Blizzard games and then go and buy the next installment when it releases. Whether this is a product of a lack of self control, nostalgia, or marketing I’ll never wrap my head around it.

While this latest blunder by Blizzard is going to kill a good chunk of the fans and community, I have no doubt in my mind that mindless drones will continue to support Blizzard and buy their games. Guarantee you that when the launch trailer for Diablo 4 comes out, you’ll have dopamine fried blizz addicts open their wallets and cream over the chance to play a new Diablo game.

Edit: I forgot to add, people like us are a vanishing demographic as well. This is why you see Blizzard wanting to move towards the mobile market and China in particular. This is also why Blizzard doesn’t allow anyone to speak about Hong Kong at events, because they want access to the Chinese market and demographic. Soon, Blizzard won’t even need their original fanbase.

I KNOW!!!

I uninstalled, like, 23 or whatever GB worth of data, and it was what from the beginning? 3 GB or so, all in all? Insane.

1 Like

You know what bothers me is people that whine about a multi thousand head public company not being the same as their beloved 100 person team.

Stop buying their games. P****e an old copy and shut up. Activision-Blizzard does not care about your opinion. Bobby K is off on a yacht somewhere while you cry about Warcraft. Nobody of importance will care until everyone stops paying attention entirely.

1 Like

Oh, I understand and agree. But there comes a time where even the most hardcore die-hard defender of Blizzard is fed up. I was one of them ever since Warcraft 1 and up until Cataclysm, I guess.

It all went downhill for me from there on.

Edit: About Hong Kong, I’m actually surprised no one has given me the flogging for my current username…

1 Like

new band name dibs

We’re just venting a bit. Beyond that I agree completely. I SHOULD play something else and quit whining. And I’ll go do exactly that. Once I’m done whining, that is.

I give it another hour or so.

And cowboy, if you form a band called “Digital Frankenstein Abortion”, I swear to God I’ll buy 200 t-shirts.

1 Like

Bye!

PS: When was the last time you played W3 Classic ? Be serious. Years ago?

Oh… right before Christmas. Then I got around to do a quick run of Icewind Dale followed by a week in bed coughing up a lung, then a run of X-COM, and now here we are.

1 Like

I legitimately do not believe that someone who plays the real warcraft 3 melee mode could have that much of a problem with reforged.

1 Like

Well, everyones personal beliefs are theirs to have. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Great! I’m glad for you.

As someone above have said, I believe it’s time for you to … move on! It’s fine if you don’t like the game but …

It’s … not going to “magically” fix your … whining. Move on is the best option for you and everyone who is in the same boat as you! I did that with WoW BfA since I was super angry at how bad the x-pac was.

PS: No , I was angry at BfA because the gameplay was pathetic. Here, the gameplay is almost exactly like the original and so, I don’t “whine” about the lack of a better…UI, some cut scenes and stuff like that. Gameplay is what really matters for me.