I just found a serious security hole in the world editor

i got hacked through the world editor, causing it to crash. the hacker restarted my system, after restarting my graphics driver(at which point world editor crashed).

Curious. I didn’t realise the World Editor had any form of online functionality at all.

1 Like

Maybe the editor you use contains malicious files which is 100% not official released by Blizzard Entertainment or your computer have malicious files. Use antivirus?

1 Like

i use the official editor but, hackers can use any program to get in if it have a security hole. windows 10 scans the system for viruses from time to time.

But how do they get in via an application that doesn’t actually connect to any network? (As far as I know.)
They’d have to have gained access to your system before they could use the world editor.

1 Like

they are already through my router. they have access to my network. they outsmarted me completely and all attempts to stop them have failed.

This is either case of your computer configuration is overheating, faulty hardware or most likely attempt to troll.

2 Likes

trolling is the act of spreading lies in the attempt to upset people. i told the truth however. the hackers had a great deal of control over my pc while the world editor was running, they even turned my keyboard on and off, preventing me from using it. once i shut it down, they tried in vain to control my pc but failed. as a final resort, they tried to control the mouse but, that failed.

Hacked through the editor?

Have you never had your GPU drivers crash? Have you never had the system restart from overheating?

No, you may be compromised, but just because your drivers crashed WHILE using the editor, or that your keyboard stopped working while using the editor, etc doesn’t mean the editor was the issue.

Seems like you you need to do some cleaning, both inside your case and inside your OS.

But that means they already were in your PC at that stage. The World Editor is a symptom, not the cause.

1 Like

I suggest you visit software professionals and contact your network provider maybe they can fix it?

I don’t mind trolling. But it needs to be funny. This isn’t funny.

1 Like

my network is provided by a router, not by a company. the keyboard was turned off and on only while the editor was active. if i open the case, i void the waranty. i should at least wait until the waranty is over, which i am not sure when is.

so its wifi from someone else? Well the best solutions are either you find good antivirus program with anti malware and try to remove the virus or you need to reinstall whole windows by erasing all the files of your computer.

also wifi from others can cause your computer exposed to malicious attacks since its shared connection unless you trust that person that you use his wifi connection

no, it is wired, not wi-fi

I’m not sure those are words you mean to use. As written, that isn’t how internet works/doesn’t make sense.

Opening the case voids the warranty? Not likely. Changing anything inside it, sure, but taking a panel off to blow out dust? Well, if so, take it in to have it clean by professionals. If it is over heating, it will continue to get worse until something permanently breaks.

yea i know I also use a router. I meant the internet provider. Everyone can buy a router , but without internet connection which is hold by internet providers you can’t have internet unless you use unsecured wifi

i can not contact the internet service provider because they never gave me a username or a password. it was not required when i became a member and they did not give it to me when they introduced it. i do not have a phone. in norway, opening the case voids the waranty.

Do you pay money to the ISP for the service?

1 Like

i do pay but, it does not matter. i did try to contact my internet service provider before but, they refuse to acknowledge the problem and therefore, they also refuse to do anything.