Huge fps drops

Whenever a building is on fire and it gets destroyed between those there is a huge FPS drop.

I noticed this first when destroying a camp I would just lose all my frames thank you have a good day

1 Like

Came here googling for this exact issue. General FPS is fine, a few occasional drops, nothing noticeable. Some frame drops when quest scripts trigger or during massive dying - but the one HUGE 1-2s frame drop down to 30 sometimes happens only after destroying a building. Just when the burning model gets replaced by the building ruin model. It’s driving me nuts. Tried windowed, FS, particles low, VSync on/off, nothing helps. Have had the same issue reported in chat by other AMD users.

Win10, RX480 with newest optional 20.1.4 drivers, i7 965 XE @3.8, 12GB CL-7 DDR3. Also tried it with the current driver, but as AMD states, 20.1.4 does result in generally more stable FPS.

hows your performance scrolling and clicking the map? framedrops and stutters / hangs aswell?

if so, try this and see if you can replicate:

i can cache the whole map by scrolling over it. from there on the whole map will be smooth, no matther how hard you scroll or click it.

then, building a structure flushes the cache and everything needs to reload. you can scroll the whole map again to build the cache, and its smooth again. build something -> cache flushed, everything needs to reload and it stutters again.