How do I get the game to run in DX12?

When opening the game through Battle.net, I always felt the mouse lag, like the feeling that the FPS was low,but the actual frame rate was not low. I have tried many ways ,but can not solve it.By chance, there was a feature on the W3C app for passing “graphicsapi Direct3D12” to the game,If run this feature, this problem is perfectly resolved。 So what is the way to make the game run with DX12 in general? THANKS

Howdy!

The game doesn’t support different versions of DirectX, only one; this is very likely not your issue. In the game Menu → Select: Input → Make sure Reduce Mous lag is enabled. If the issue continues, does the issue only occur in menus or in-game matches as well?

Thank you.

Honestly I reccomend using a mouse with a higher polling rate over using the ingame mouse lag option. Using the setting in game will almost certainly tank your frame rate.

Thank you for your guidance!!!Yes, if you enable reduce Mous lag in the game,the frame rate of the game will be reduced by at least 50 frames!Additionally, my situation is not a matter of mouse polling rate,I have tried many methods, including replacing a more advanced mouse, GPU, modifying registry code, and so on, but none of them have worked。 In fact, Blizzard’s technical support customer service seems very unprofessional,in the game settings interface of Battle Net, there is an option to add command line parameters,players can add instructions and transmit them to the game:On the right side of the PLAY option, the gear icon。Based on my experience, if it is old hardware, it is best to use DX9-DX11. If it is the latest hardware, the game should be run in a DX12 environment。I am already 40 years old, and WAR3 is the only game I am still playing,hope Blizzard can invest more resources to optimize this game。

The game does not use DX12 in the first place, and there is no option to choose which one to use. Every game uses the version or versions of DirectX it was designed to. You should not install or uninstall different versions of DirectX to try to solve problems, it will not do anything. Many games, particularly prior to DX11, ran their own customized versions of DirectX, that’s why practically every game throughout the 2000s into the 2010s installs DirectX even if you “already have it.”

Did you actually try adjusting the polling rate in your mouse’s software? This can actually fix a lot of problems with many games, Battlefield 2042 severely bugs out if the mouse polling rate is too fast, for example. Don’t just dismiss things without trying them.of course this depends on using a gaming mouse that has the ability to configure the polling rate.

If you want to have better FPS you may just have to deal with the input lag (which has never been particularly bad for me, but it does depend on your configuration)

I presume the staff dropped support for Direct3D9 from a certain version since even I input the command line “-graphicsapi Direct3D9” on Blizzard App, the Warcraft III.exe only invokes D3D11.dll instead of D3D9.dll (and if I input “-graphicsapi Direct3D12” it will invokes D3D12.dll. I didn’t do these tests recently). But perhaps with this command line, the game program may emulates some Direct3D9’s properties.

Previous versions are unable to use DX11-12,even if you input the D11-12 command, the game still uses D9 .If you input the command “graphicsapi Direct3D12” on APP in WAR3: reoforged, the game will run under DX12. It’s difficult to express that feeling, English is not my native language, so maybe I can’t express that feeling,Anyway, it’s not as smooth as 1.27,Just like when you limit the frame rate to 40-60 frames or when the CPU is fully loaded。The hardware of the computer (intel 13th core 13400F,GEFORCE RTX4060)is definitely capable of running this game perfectlyI tried many methods but they didn’t work. In the end, only by running the game on DX12 can it be the same as version 1.27,I’m not sure about the mechanism behind it

By the update history support for Direct3D11 most likely from 1.31, I’m not sure when support for Direct3D12 was added.

It has never been officially mentioned that I can see, so it seems like a placebo to me if you’ve put that in the launch options and think it does anything.

If you can show me screenshots that illustrate differences though…

In my personal situation, in the classic version, there is actually no significant difference in frame rate whether using DX11 or DX12. Even using different resolutions has little impact on the game’s frame rate,at 1K, 2K, and 4K, the classic version has a frame rate of 300-350. I believe that my experience is not a matter of game frame,there may be other reasons that i am not clear about in the background. Just by chance, in the latest version of “”W3C CHAMPIONS“” APP, it has added a feature that allows you to choose whether to “pass the graphicsapi Direct3D12 option to WAR3”,and annotations are only available if you experience mouse lag,I tried and it worked for me,Of course, this is not from the official explanation!!!

That’s because you can’t choose to use one or the other. There’s no significant difference because there’s literally no difference.

Sorry, I don’t quite understand what you mean. If I add commands to the Battle Net client, it is true that the game is running under D12. Although the frame rate has not changed, I do feel that the mouse lag has improved. Because I love this game so much, I want to understand the mechanism behind it

You can type anything you want on that line, it doesn’t mean it does anything. I typed -givemesupermegaultrapowers and well… it didn’t do anything. You need to prove that the game is actually using DX12 because i’ve not seen any evidence anywhere that it actually supports it or that the game benefits from it in any way.

Hey, just enjoy the game, don’t bother with other trifles; as a normal (I don’t mean ordinary) player you have no obligation to prove such thing.
However you should notice that different graphic enhancements (by graphic card driver or others, not Warcraft III) work on different Direct3D version: some don’t work with Direct3D12.
By the way in my case Direct3D12 mode seems a little stutter (or should I say unsync) than Direct3D11, so I use Direct3D11 mostly.

Yes, I just wanted to express my feelings without considering proving anything, and that doesn’t make any sense. This forum seems to be unable to upload images, perhaps I haven’t found an entry. Everyone’s network and hardware are different, and they can only find the most suitable way for themselves. Moreover, due to the server shutdown of Blizzard China, it is difficult to compete with players from around the world, and I have put in a lot of effort for this. Thank you, for fun!!!

you have to both read and post a ton here to be able to post images. I’m one of the most active posters and I only sometimes have the ability. So best of luck lol

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.