Suggestion: upgrade the game to direct x 11 and direct x 12

on the positive side: direct x 11 performs better. everybody have at least direct x 11 these days. last operating system with only direct x 10 was xp. vista came with direct x 10 but could be upgraded to direct x 11. on the negative side: if they keep using direct x 9, more and more people will be unable to run it. intel is dropping native support for direct x 9.

1 Like

Absolutely agree with this, like you said DX11 performs better, probably can achieve more in the future with the game too, it seems like they’re somewhat interested in updating the game again so let’s see what the future holds :smiley:

Can you be more specific? I thought Patch 1.31ish (maybe slightly before) already began moving to dx11 and dx12, and that only people on legacy builds of the game would be on dx8 or dx9

I was fairly sure W3R doesn’t use DX9 anymore but maybe I was mistaken

i read another post that suggests that it only supports direct x 9.

According to the official update log Direct3D 11 is already supported in 1.31 PTR:

It was even announced as early as March 2019:
ttps://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/warcraft-3-patch-1-31.313945/

Direct3D 12 is already supported too, I just don’t know which version it started with.

P.S.: referring to the page “Warcraft III: Reforged” of PCGamingWiki and this (How do I get the game to run in DX12?), if you’re suffering from crashes, or FPS drops, or mouse lag, give Direct3D 12 mode a try(after entered Blizzard App, click the gear icon on the right side of “Play”, choose “Game Settings”, check “Additional command line arguments”, input “-graphicsapi Direct3D12” without quotes and click “Done”), perhaps it will relieves some, of course the actual effects depend on the individual.

1 Like