Hotfixes -- March 23, 2020

ladddder please

I wish the game could get a different art style…

“We’re sorry you didn’t get the patch size you wanted.”

3 Likes

Been playing this game for three years and I’ve never even heard of that map. Im sure the four people affected woulda been fine

Why don’t you guys hotfix global MM being turned off so we finally get good ping.

Before, Blizzard used MPQs. MPQ patches worked by downloading an MPQ of the new files, with a list of where these updated files should go. A tool silently in the background then opened this MPQ, extracted the files, and then opened other MPQs if necessary to put the new files where they should go.

With CASC instead, you download a whole chunk of a CASC and the launcher just drops it in place. Replacing just a couple files in a CASC requires you to download the chunk that the replaced file is suppose to be in, though, which can have a wide varying range of file sizes, in this case the chunk in question was ~1GB.

The chunk its replacing is probably ~1GB but I would be willing to wager you don’t actually download the entire chunk since they usually download in only a few seconds most of the time. Something somewhere along the line is recognizing that most of the chunk is unchanged and only a certain part of it needs to be redownloaded, but the launcher still shows you that it’s downloading a whole GB for whatever reason.

1 Like

Game says I need to download latest update every time I launch, reinstalled twice, scanned and repaired multiple times, checked for updates, it’s stuck on the wrong version.

Maybe if we shoot the messenger someone in the company might finally come forward with a statement about what’s going on and what they plan on doing to try and fix this mess.

NEW PATCH AND NOW IM NOT EVEN ABLE TO OPEN MY CAMPAIGN SAVED GAMES, THE ONLY PART OF THIS THAT WAS NOT A COMPLETE MESS TILL NOW . . . THANK YOU ACTIVISION [quote=“Kaivax-1970, post:1, topic:23077, full:true”]
We’ve just deployed a package of hotfixes to Warcraft III: Reforged.

Version 1.32.3
March 23, 2020
Hotfixes

• Fixed an issue with customized spells that was crashing some popular custom maps.
  • Resolved an issue with Banewood Bog and Banewood Bog_LV that caused the wrong melee data to be used in gameplay.
    • Banewood Bog_LV is added back to the 4v4 Versus map pool.
  • Fixed an issue with item stacking that impacted some popular custom maps.
    [/quote]

What in the world is SWAT Aftermath? I’ve played this game for years and I have never even seen that custom map…

More importantly; did they hotfix the bugs in DOTA - a map that a whole bunch of people actually play? Barathrum ulti causing crash, AA causing crash, Invoker manaburn…?

Hi Dev, i’m wondering when can we get our own Oceanic server please?

Thanks for releasing hotfixes this early! It still means the team is still devoted despite what some people say :d

Wow! That was fast. Nice work!

Glad to see some of the issues hotfixed that impacted our custom map.
I had hoped for more, given the size of the patch, but I realized quite a while ago that the need for conserving disk space/data usage is an ancient way of thinking.

Y’know…I’m happy that Blizzard didn’t communicate with so called “fanbase” after I saw it’s true face so many times. This fanbase just doesn’t deserve it.
Dear Blizzard,Ignore them please,keep doing more important things and working on more important projects!

thats how it always been. in LoL every patch disables replays from previous patch as its simply not compatible. deal with it.

Same thing with replays in Overwatch so yeah…They need to deal with it…

Thank you so much for releasing the hotfix release. My whole community and I really appreciate it!

Well, I absolutely agree that nothing justifies hard language in a forum but I understand the frustration of many players.

I myself have enjoyed playing WC3 since 2003 and now I payed for something that must in all honesty be considered as a downgrade. Performance on the servers might work for some people but I think nobody would disagree that it was better before Reforged. They took away the “heart” of the competitive aspect of the game, the ladder and profile system and they still didn’t managed to implement it. Now, there is even a fan who introduced one which pro players like Grubby started using. All tournaments that I know of use classic graphics since the reforged ones are too buggy.

By this point I really can’t believe that there is anyone defending Reforged who is not working for Blizzard PR. It is sad to say but for the first time Blizzard really ripped us off and they don’t care to make amends for it.

Thanks for ruining my Rexxar playthrough.

I “broken” Reforged is what we get for 2018 mess. Community itself basically forced Blizzard to make new projects instead of focusing on Reforged

But their modern games are still a masterpiece created by a talented people,and they deserved respect