Hotfixes -- March 23, 2020

Kaivax, is there any chances of you guys laying out a roadmap for what you are working on and thinking about fixing? Like your colleagues that’s developing Hearthstone did three days ago, when they released a video going through some stuff that they intend to implement in the future. I don’t need a video, a forum post would suffice. A bit of communication would take some of the sting out of the disappointment the Warcraft 3 community is feeling right now.

9 Likes

The patches are not useless but well… people are waiting on ETA to the more important missing things.

1 Like

? If they would’ve tested their map before adding it to the mappool this patch wouldnt be needed.

It’s the most useless patch we’ve ever had by the most incompetent developers i’ve ever seen

1 Like

Lmfao. 1.2GB for 3 hotfixes.

When are you all going to fix the perfomance issues? Or somth useful not like a fish’s footsteps.

Meanwhile Blizzard charges you 10$ for a new battletag. Money-grab ********.

2 Likes

Care to explain why these hotfixes are worth 1.2 GIGs?

1 Like

Is not Enough! Still no ladder…

1 Like

Can you give us any word on whether or not we can expect to see missing animations put in? Getting kind of tired watching Rexxar hack away at his enemies with ONE attack animation rather than two.

There are several dozen units that have missing attack, spell and stand animations.

2 Likes

No ladder, no custom campains, no single player game mode with save/load options… You can only save/load when you start your custom game from the WE… btw 1.2 Gig is hard

Imagine needing 1.2GB to fix one tiny bug. I’ll be out of space on my disc by the time you fix this game lol

2 Likes

2 months no ladder

Are you WAITING FOR THE GAME TO DIE FIRST

1. Ladder & Profiles
  2. Dsync&Join-Bug fix
  3. Performance Optimization&new terrain
  4. Custom Campains
  5. User friendly CostumKey Interface

2 Likes

lol blizz bothers fixing things even if its slow and yall STILL Complain

can never ever please this fan base ever

3 Likes

Do you not understand what a hotfix is?

2 Likes

Next month, or maybe May. This was just a hotfix because they broke some stuff quite badly by accident.

It is not “extra”. It is just 1.1 GB of changed files. These could even be files which have a build date associated with them so the only thing changed was a few bytes but the entire file must be downloaded.

It was to fix the broken specific unit item event. This broke many custom maps. Among other fixes.

This was a hotfix. It was a fix for a patch, not an actual patch. The scope sizes are completely different. It is like comparing changing a tire with fixing a puncture.

This hotfix was needed for custom maps like SWAT Aftermath which were broken due to a broken specific unit acquires an item event. Other custom maps were broken as well but that is the main one I know of.

I get constant smooth 60 FPS even in very leaky maps when running classic graphics. I do not see how such performance could be further improved seeing how it hits over 500 FPS if I uncap frame rate as is.

This hotfix does not increase the install size by 1.2GB. It just replaces 1.2GB of files. One will barely notice a difference between clean installing 1.32.3 and clean installing 1.32.3 hotfix 1.

2 Likes

Do you work for blizzard or is there a reason why your answering questions by avoiding the question and instead trying to spin it to a positive

Also a “HotFix” of this magnitude can freaking wait. They ruin replays and saved games everytime they patch this game and if this is the crap they’re fixing I’d rather they wait so I can watch replays of the past weekend

1 Like

6.need to fix attack animations

Not it cannot wait as it literally made some custom maps unplayable. The entire SWAT Aftermath community had to migrate to ENT running some legacy version to play their map until the fix was released. Many other custom maps were affected.

Hotfixes WoW : nothing to download or a little needed.
Hotfixes Reforged : 5 bugs fixed 1,2 GB.
Kekw.

That is because they often just hotfix the server, requiring no client update. Diablo III and Overwatch have done this for similar reasons. Warcraft III, StarCraft II and Heroes of the Storm cannot since the game state is updated by all clients synchronously rather than by a server that streams the results so the clients require update.

1 Like

Let’s go! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: