Having a Female Death Knight model is bad why?

Why are people upset about this? Why is this a bad thing?

I understand being upset that cutscenes are not remade.

But this?

25 Likes

Wow, that’s so disappointing. They could at least remake the Terenas murder scene. 17 years of lore was built off of that event.

6 Likes

I am not so much upset with that and more upset with the in-game cutscenes.

No animations and cinematography. Just back to the same old character models standing still with their face portraits doing the talking.

3 Likes

I wish i knew. I guess people are attached to the male DK hero but i’m all for them mixing it up. To avoid more protests i think they should add the option to choose however. A Choice never hurts.

But yeah i personally like that they added a female DK and especially a female DH

14 Likes

The Female Death Knight is clearly inspired by the Death Knight skin for Sonya the Female Diablo Barbarian in Heroes of the Storm.

1 Like

Because some people just care about purity. Or they don’t think women are capable of going into battle. I mean, it’s a game, and perhaps it will get more women to buy the game and play too, making it so they can maybe create new content like, DLC campaigns.

5 Likes

Same reason making Arthas a woman is bad. Original playable undead dk was a guy.

Having a female option isn’t bad but forcing it is.

10 Likes

Because it ruins the lore- oh wait Melee isn’t canon.

5 Likes

Or they don’t think women are capable of going into battle.

Well 90% of the Nightelves are woman so…

5 Likes

The whole point of that is Night Elves are not normal, and their women are more muscular than their men.
On every other race, males are the ones who fight.

3 Likes

Lets put this in terms you can understand. Imagine someone sold you tickets to Beyonce concert. You pay your money and show up to discover that they replaced her with Billy Eilish. You would be really annoyed. You could hate Billy, you could like both of them or you could love him but you were really hyped to see Beyonce.
Now if i can see that without caring about DK then i can only assume that anyone pretending these complaints are puritanical or sexist are acting in bad faith.
And to think this could have been avoided by like one tweet.

4 Likes

melee is canon, this isn’t the bible

Because it’s implemented poorly like everything else in this reboot.

3 Likes

Melee was never canon, it’s just a gameplay mode using classic armies that you know from the campaign.

The whole TFT campaign is about how Blood Elves leave the Alliance, yet they’re part of the Alliance in multiplayer. Not canon.

Same with Demon Hunters being Heroes for Night Elves. It’s not canon that they’d be fighting as a part of the army, even less so when you consider Warden is a hero choice too.

Then there’s Dreadlords being fought alongside the Scourge. The whole campaign was about getting rid of them and usurping control away from Dreadlords and distancing themselves from the Legion.

11 Likes

just because they hate female DK i will use her all the time
also she looks nice

6 Likes

I dunno. Demon Hunters and Druids of the Claw are gains goblins.

He thinks Life of a Peasant should be canon, I think it’s best not to get wrapped up with this guy.

1 Like

… serious? HOW?!

¯\(ツ)/¯

…

You have VERY frail masculinity. It’s amazing how many insecure individuals come out of hiding when “FeMaLeS CaNt FiGhT” pops up.

2 Likes

fantasy women that are conceptualized to be stronger or better than me in reality are threatening i don’t like it one bit sir please #NoChanges i need it to relive the peak of my life 17 years ago

4 Likes