Give us back the old client

I agree on all points.

Where to get the older installers, they’re out there. Starcraft has them, Warcraft will too. I grabbed and saved the old installer off the website a while back before it was updated.

I checked and there are 1.31 installers on the net, but i can’t test it without more work.

basically As is the patch updater defaults to the reforged installation, so it assumes all updates are completed. You’d probably need regedits to redirect it to wc3 (or just uninstall reforged)

Same. I’ve played a bit of the Classic version and it looks the same.

EDIT: I just took a few side-by side screen shots in different areas. They are essentially identical with some slight camera angle adjustments (like they mentioned).

You mean you dont like free 32 GB of unusable disk space?

2 Likes

Hmm…did you have the battle.net Launcher open while you installed this by chance?

Just trying to think of how it would even know there was another patch without clicking the battle.net button.

Oh yes definitely. battle.net launcher has folder-scanning built in.

It probably looks for version 1.31 specifically when looking for versions that need to be updated.

It will also attempt to search for Blizzard games if you ever reinstall the launcher in fact (without uninstalling the blizzard games, of course)

Honestly they probably didn’t think it was going to be a big deal. Devs don’t usually think about low-end users. A lot of modern computers have terabytes of hard drive space and even low-end by todays standards (not wc3’s standards) could run reforged.

They probably wanted to just make it easy for anyone who was considering upgrading by combining their current wc3.

I have 1.30.4.11274. The only thing is does upon opening is tell me there’s an update and asks if I want to install it:

https://postimg.cc/nCn9d0mY

So it’s definitely connecting to Battlenet to check, but it’s allowing me to choose.

1 Like

If you do go the 1.30 route, 1.30 has two exe’s: “Warcraft III.exe” and “Warcraft III Launcher.exe”. ONLY use Warcraft III.exe. The other will try to update.

If you want to try 1.31 again, try making a shortcut and add “-launch” (without the quotes) to the end of the command line.

1 Like

Interesting. It is good that 1.30 doesn’t seem to be able to do it automatically.

It seems like 1.31 may be an important patch though, as it seems to fix some desync issues with some games. But there’s probably some way to block the updater still.

If the desyncs is referring to online play, there won’t be any of that anyway because (I assume) as soon as one connects to Bnet, it will force update. I’ll try it with a copy of 1.30.

EDIT: If I click on “Battlenet” it just throws the update message at me again, so I can’t get in without clicking “Yes”

It’s not impossible but it can’t be discussed on these forums.

A good hint for a trustworthy site? It’s ages since I dabbled in that stuff… but welp, what you gonna do if you get thrown out the door. :frowning:

I really can’t. I’m what’s known as an forum MVP which comes with some contractual rules. It’s not obvious on the Warcraft forum because MVP posting is disabled here. But in some of the other games, it’s visible (title, green borders, green text):

Leviathan

If I ever accidentally sent someone somewhere and something bad happened (virus, malware, got them banned, etc), I’d be in big trouble. :slight_smile:

Wait. Dude. Leviathan are you the same person from the SC2 forums? If so Hello dude! I didn’t recognize you at all, so cool to see you around here!

– ON topic: yeah I essentially paid the game twice. Once in 2016 when I first bought the game digitally and then a second time on official disc because I didn’t like certain changes that were being made within the newer patches.

If you mean the green one, yep! Hola!

1 Like

Yeah that one! Cool, we exchanged a few comments there :slight_smile:

Sad but understandable. Don’t want you to get in trouble as much as I don’t want to. But thanks! :slight_smile:
This whole thing is just a mess xD

So, why not just include the option to choose what assets you want to install?
If I’m on my crappy laptop AKA craptop, I want to only install classic assets.
If im on my desktop, I’ll take both sets of assets.
There are other games out there that do something very similar to what im suggesting.

How can I download the original TFT client?

When I download Warcraft-III-Setup exe from Blizzard Account, the Battle .net downloads 30GB of Reforged and not TFT. In the TFT setup, I unchecked the “Keep my game up to date”