Give back Classic

I don’t care about reforged until you fix it.
Just give back classic battle.net, it’s all i care about.
I’ve played and made maps for this game since release.
Downloading a 30GB patch to play classic is ridiculous.
It’s the least thing you can do, at the least.

52 Likes

You can still play the game with the old client. Simply install the game from the original media or an archived copy of the installation files you downloaded from Blizzard.

If you were careless with your CD keys, you can log into your Blizzard account and look them up. Make sure to write down (or type) the codes in a safe place. You can then use those codes during the Install process.

You can even apply updates to that installation up to 1.29.

Now, since BatlleNet is deprecated for these earlier versions of WC3, you are going to be restricted to LAN play if you want to play games with friends. In the past, and maybe again in the near future, there are ways of configuring WC3 such that you can play the game online using an alternative matchmaking server. For example, a lot of players used W3Arena or NetEase to play ladder matches.

If you do a google or YouTube Search for HowTo you will find a lot of information regarding these set up going back many years.

Good Luck & Have Fun

1 Like

I’m not asking for LAN services out there, i want my 1.31 classic battle.net back.
I developed maps on 1.31, so all my work is for naught now.
This isn’t acceptible.

16 Likes

You should still be able to install the 1.31 update from an archived copy of the update files.

See this topic for more information: For those who want to play Classic Warcraft 3

I already have 1.31, all i want is battle.net mate, but it doesn’t matter if i can’t play with other people online.

8 Likes

Do you want the original version of BundgieNet to play Myth Soulbighter as well?

Times change. Online services come and go. It’s been 18 years and you’ve had quite the run. And you never had to pay a dime for that service.

If you’re not willing to use one of the alternative service then there’s not much else you should reasonably be expecting.

1 Like

Don’t play devils advocate on me.
Battlenet online services has been up all this time because it serves their image to support the players.
It’s one of the reasons why people loved this company (back then).
So yeah i think it’s reasonable to ask for classic battlenet.
Otherwise they’re going to lose face with players.
Which is roughly the 7000 concurrent players that classic had.

The problem is also that third party service won’t have a big enough playerbase to support filling a 24 player maps that i play. The map that i vested my interest in.

10 Likes

I’m not playing devils advocate. Your expectation that an online service be made available to you ON YOUR TERMS in perpetuity for free is an incredibly unreasonable expectation.

If you want to continue on with the service, you’ll need to use the updated client to maintain that service.

If you want to continue to use deprecated software, you’ll have to find some other solution.

1 Like

No king rules forever, son.
We all know that one day Battlenet will end it’s service for WC3/TFT, I can live with that— so long as LAN game and direct IP connection still exist, which they did not.
So F-U-C-K You Blizzard, for forcing me to pirate a game I bought 17 years ago.

6 Likes

They didn’t cut Age of Empires 2 classic servers when they made the remaster.
Why can’t they do the same?
Makes no sense to me.
It’s a cowardly move since it shows they have no faith in reforged being the superior product.
If it was, then people would move to reforged.

7 Likes

You can still set up LAN games with the new client. I set up a few the other day. Why do you believe that this is not the case?

Because AoE2 was made by Microsoft.

Blizzard doesn’t make AoE2 so I’m not exactly sure what this apples to oranges comparison is intended to prove.

Because my computer crashed upon launching WC3 after I dl and installed the 30GB patch, genius.

That sucks. Did you try launching it again? Did you submit a support ticket if not? What are your machine specs?

Regardless what’s that have to do with running LAN games from WC3R?

Company make remaster, has faith in remaster product and therefore doesn’t cut classic servers.
Company make remaster, has no faith in remaster product and therefore cuts classic servers.

Apples to oranges lmao my dude.

9 Likes

No, because torrenting 4GB from p2p is much faster than “solving” a problem created by those eggheads in Blizzard.

1 Like

You can run LAN games from WC3R. You can run LAN games from WC3.

I’m not sure what your point is other than you enjoy being angry about nothing.

GL & HF? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Get your fallacies checked. Using an example of good-faith vs bad-faith move by two separate companies is not a straw man argument.

3 Likes

The service is deprecated. You can either use the new client for continued service or you can chose not to. If you want to continue to using the deprecated software, there are other services you can use to continue playing the game with the rest of the players who play with that version of the game. If you choose not to do that, and would rather cut off your nose to spite your face, that’s entirely up to you. The ball is in your court.

Enjoy your agency.

1 Like