FPS Slider Broken

Summary: The in-game FPS slider caps the framerate several frames above the chosen limit. i.e. placing the slider at 60FPS results in the framerate actually being capped at 64FPS.

Additional Details:
I have played around with the slider to see if it was always capping my framerate 4 frames above what I had selected; however it is not. In fact, there doesn’t appear to be a clear linear relationship between the number selected on the slider and the actual framerate. Just a few examples, capping at 60FPS results in 64FPS and capping at 95FPS results in 103FPS; therefore, I guessed that selecting 98FPS on the slider would cap me at something higher than 103FPS (maybe 106 or 107), but instead it still resulted in a cap of 103. I get similar results when moving the slider anywhere else on the scale.

Using the framerate limiter in the Nvidia control panel seems to work normally. If I select 60FPS in the control panel, then that’s exactly what I get for a cap in the game. I do not have an AMD card to test it with, so I’m not sure what the results are there.

I would imagine that the in-game FPS slider not working like this may have a negative impact on players who’s hardware (GPU and monitor, in particular) requires them to tweak their framerate for this game to have a smooth experience.

My original post is linked below.