Forced to download reforged?

Blizzard, what is wrong with you.

This is technically not a complaint about Reforged so much as Blizzard deciding to screw over even non-customers of their “new” game.

So today I wanted to play some WC3 with my friends and since I’d forgotten that reforged was getting released, the servers were down to my surprise. Well, no big deal I think to myself, Blizzard had said that the community would get to play together whether they had Original TFT or Reforged so I just thought they would connect the battle net services like it had been with SC, SC:BW, RoC and TFT. No such thing, as apparently I am now forced to download assets for a buggy remaster, which I never cared for, just to play a beloved game. Blizzard is telling me that I need to waste 26 gigs of drive space out of a 28 gigabyte download when I want to play a game that originally only took 2 gigabytes.

I understand that for some of you, that’s nothing but I’m a student from a relatively low-income country and can’t afford large SSD’s or a super fast internet service so it’s been a relative pain in my backside. I’d say fix your mess, but I doubt this cry of anger will even be noticed.

13 Likes

Same here. Why classic client doens’t work anymore?
Why not just make a login possible again so that all can meet in bnet? Classic and Reforged players.
But instead you need to download Reforged and play it with classic graphics.
This will scare off so many players. And I think I’m done with wc3 too then.
Was a good time

5 Likes

Here’s what I understood. They didn’t make a new warcraft 3 game. They UPDATED the current game with a giant 25+gb update for models, some graphics and Bnet integrity. I think not sure.

1 Like

Yup, its like what they’ve done with all their recent titles. You have to download all the new content to be able to play, even if you never buy the expansions. This happened with WoW, SC2, D3…

You heard right, but also that they put a paywall up for anyone to be able to access said +25gb of extra data. There is more too… None of it good

2 Likes

They did the same thing with the Original Starcraft for remastered as well. They forced you to download 8 gigabytes of content you have no access to. Where’s the common sense in that? I understand that they are a company and need profits but it seems like subtle manipulation and coercion into spending money. I doubt a massive corporation like blizzard can’t figure out a way to seperate superficial graphical updates with gameplay and programming updates.

1 Like

Which explains why the game is filled with bugs and stability issues. It’s like forcing your 80 year old grandma to wear 6 inch heels and dance to Beyoncé’s Run the World.

2 Likes

same question here