For those unable to install Classic Warcraft 3 on Battle.net

It would appear there is a bug?..Blizzard removed? the option to install classic Warcraft 3 on the Battle.net PC APP despite owning ROC and FT. What ‘fixed’ it for me was:

1. Log out of BNET
  2. Log in Offline and click the Warcraft 3 page.
  3. Option comes up to install Original (providing you registered the keys).
  4. Once installed go back online and enjoy.

Hope that helps anyone having the same issue.

2 Likes

Nothing’s been removed. But to make things easier, here’s a permanent link to exactly where you will find your classic game keys if you added them to your account at some point in the past:

https://account.battle.net/games#classic-game-accounts

You will find both Wacraft III and Diablo II here if you have them (Though the original version of Diablo II is still both playable and sold on battle.net)

If you have played the Reforged version of the game without reforged features enabled, then you should absolutely find something here because you need a classic war3 key on your account to play non-reforged W3R.

1 Like

Yes it is a bug. If you own classic and not Reforged the BattleNet application does not allow you to install Warcraft III when online despite you having a licence to play it. The work around, as you mentioned, is to open the application in offline mode and install from there.

last I checked the BattleNet application allows you to install any game when in offline mode, even ones you might not own. However in order to play the game you will need to login during which time the licence check is performed and the game will refuse to be playable without a licence. This works for StarCraft II, Diablo III, e.t.c.

1 Like

it is not a bug its made for dumb people to buy the same game 2 times

1 Like

Technically the game is not the same. The second time you would be buying access to enhanced graphics which is technically something new. If it is worth it is up to the customer.

Still not working without this workaround mentioned by Mortis.
Actually starting to look like anon66975693 is indeed correct and it is not a bug but intended to fool people to buy the game again.
It wont take a company of ANY size over 3 months to fix this issue.
I mean, even if it did, they should have this workaround mentioned in their trouble shooting, which they dont.

Nice, it worked perfectly, thanks for that!

Thanks! I was able to install it only thanks to this post. There is no info anywhere else it would seem.

There is some official info in the tech support threads about it, but other than that, yes, there’s no support article or anything else about it. Opening the bnet app without logging in will allow you to install the games regardless of ownership, so it’s the only way around the issue of not being able to install the game without having bought Reforged.