What happened to WC3 classic?

I think you used to be able to install WC3 reforged and play with old WC3 graphics if you had purchased WC3 which was an okay work around although it still didn’t come with custome campaigns for some reason.

Now we don’t even have that we don’t even have wc3 installers now.

It’s still there? It hasn’t gone anywhere. Even if u use the old installers, you’ll update to the latest version. Custom Campaigns will likely return in a future patch, now that they have committed to updating the game again.

As long as you have a Reign of Chaos key on your account as shown here https://account.battle.net/games#classic-game-accounts
you should be able to install the game without purchasing reforged. You’ll be able to play in Classic mode only and campaign progression is seperate for classic vs reforged. It was brought to my attention earlier that only a RoC key will work. The TFT key is not required at all and can’t be used to install the game.

For being able to play with old Wc3 graphics no matter whether you purchased Reforged or use CD keys, that is still a thing (for your “used to be able” statement). That’s not going anywhere for the foreseeable future.
If the launcher is failing to find your game, use the “locate games” feature in the settings. If you don’t have it installed and there is no install option from the launcher, go to the downloads page and get the installer from there.
For your post title, classic isn’t a term, and 1.32 is just a patch after 1.31, there is no diverging, no going back, nor any support for the old versions to be played.

Check my install instructions if you can’t see classic install option within bnet

1 Like