i understand exactly so.
i have an UNRELATED question: what bunch of letters is datamining? Is what loads my hardrive so hard that my CURSOR lags on a reinstalled win10-64? like on an old computer (it was not always so)?
tokanakh what version, I don’t have any version - it says FEEDBACK for reforged not yet released, which is the “current state of the game”.

the current public release of wc3 is the classic game using version 1.31

the leaked images are taking data from the new Bnet2.0 launcher that was recently added, but the artwork is being modded into the current classic version of the game which is why their are bugs, but the internal build of the game wont be the same

beta will probably release on version 1.32, just wait a few weeks as we can assume blizzard will make official announcements at Blizzcon

1 Like

I noticed the same thing watching leaked footage. Now obviously the game is in development and its a modded version, but it’s very hard to tell what is going on.
The quality of the new models is incredible, but I don’t think Blizzard art team was anticipating what using normal and specular maps would do the overall look of the game. It feels much more “greyed out” due to all the micro details in the diffuse and normal textures on the models. The colors really become muted with all of the visual fidelity and during combat I couldn’t tell what units were what. I’m sure this will get easier in time but the game right now is very confusing visually.

I think the graphics are fine, personally. There are various nitpicks I have in some designs, but for the most part I think they will work from a gameplay perspective.

Watch the Unit comparison videos. They actually look like the unit and are recognizable from a distance. There’s some details lost, like I think Witchdoctor’s skulls should be larger and more identifiable; but the general silhouette reads pretty easily.

The biggest gripe I have is that the animations lack snappiness. I think this is still WIP though, hopefully.

1 Like

Agreed. So far my only gripe is with the new owlbear design; looks absolutely nothing like a Warcraft owlbear, either from WC3 or WoW. It looks like something else entirely. I do wish the Cathedral was the WoW model but maybe that version will be separate for the Plaguelands maps.

Any chance of a link to this? I’d love to see it.

Almost certainly.

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks man. :slight_smile:
I love this artstyle, I hope it doesn’t change and modders make new models using it.

1 Like

I’m definitely planning on it :slight_smile:

I think I can get used to the style they use. We just need the art tools and the exporter. I hope they provide these sooner than later.

Last I heard the tools were supposed to come out before launch. Along with tutorials.

If Blizzard doesn’t put out models based on the first two Warcraft games, do you think you will?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I really hope that one of the tools is a model editor either in the World Editor program itself or alongside it. And that it allows for goofy, simple stuff like -

Hey I want to give a Footman a Grunt axe. Let me open the editor, cut out the sword, delete it, add the Grunt model, select the axe, copy/paste it, attach it to the hand, okay we’re good.

Just let us go full Frankenstein with stuff without needing to remodel and reanimate entire things or have an extra “step” so to speak.

2 Likes

Those troll models looks sick!

That would be brilliant.

If leeks are oficial, Id say the only thing I am concerned about is the lack of contrast between units and enviroment.

Original Warcraft 3 did this SO MUCH BETTER, and, honestly with all this potential that has gone into reforged it would be a big shame if they dont fix just trivial things.

My opinion…

1 Like

Hello, my opinion on the graphics is that the building detail is overdone, the structures look out of proportion and contains too much detail overdoing to point that it feels cartoonish and not serious as WC3. That’s my view on why it lost its balanced touch.

They’ve already said that’s what they’re doing, man.

Have they? I’ve only ever heard it being referred to very vaguely as in they’d update editor tools.

Regardless, tight. I’m gonna kitbash as much as possible.

Yeah they said in interviews a while back that they’d be releasing their art tools for us, as well as tutorials on how to use them. We’d be getting those before the game launches.

Because of this post Blizzard have downgraded WC3 reforged as we can see from Beta the graphics are too much downgraded compare to 2018 Demo which was perfect thanks for ruining the game.

1 Like

I dunno, I fail to see much of a downgrade apart from the metal armor not looking like metal anymore.

Don’t make promises you can’t keep, SpaceCraft.

1 Like