True. I have always said I’m willing to give the Malaysians the chance to try out the realistic style.

Graphic are perfect now.
Just check kodo rider model from ChinaJoy,perfect

1 Like

very well said, also Orcs having black metal parts on the shoulder pad, The Thrall model looks like a cheap Chinese mobile game. Overall I feel a bit disappointed at the reforged models.

3 Likes

So, the game IS being outsourced for real? And it’s being outsourced to ASIANS? Damn… The first moment that I saw reforged I knew that this was being made in East Asia. The game just look sickly, ruined even, You could tell that this wasn’t being done by team 1.

4 Likes

Sadly man here is the link for the studio: Lemon Sky

Why would the HOTS team (which has been redistributed and put onto new projects) be doing the Classic Games development?

1 Like

Closer look at Antonidas model, face is seenable

https://imgur.com/a/KQD6sMx

1 Like

The newest reforged graphics really have nothing to do with cartoonish warcraft3 art style.
Blizzard went for a much more realistic Heroes of the Storm art style.

Luckily the non-reforged appearance will also be updated with higher quality textures and what not so everyone wins.

1 Like

What are you talk about there? Cartoonish war3?! Realistic hots?!

Warcraft 3 Classic style we can’t put it nowhere in the modern art style and Hots art style is everything but not realistic.

It feels like Warcraft to me.

You are just so used to the old models and designs.

2 Likes

Reforged models quality will be awesome, proof is kodo beast which quality is drastically changed since that magazine poster to chinajoy kodo version.

What could worry us is some non wc3 friendly designs and proportions…

Anyway, i saw this vllager man portrait recently while some asian dudes playing stratholme demo? Sadly video quality there was very bad…
But we can see models will be better than hots,wow,sc2 in quality standard speaking off

https://i.imgur.com/BI4m6uA.png

SO true!!! I dont know what Blizzard is thinking! They are killing their own legendary game by remaking it in fancy theme! We wanted it more like Diablo style more realistic more seriousness… Also if anyone noticed New Dark Arthus looks like Mr. Bean at one point!! its ridiculous…

OK, they asked for our feedback on graphics, sounds great! But where is my fkn beta to review graphics and give feedback on them??? Am I supposed to feed back 10 months old wip scteenshots?

3 Likes

So a lot of models were datamined. I am confused.

Most of them are very realistic-like, pretty much following the same style they presented since first video.

On the other hand, the extra (bonus) skins of Jaina and Thrall are totally stylized.

Artistic discrepancy in this project is over 8000.

I think the graphics are awesome and I don’t give a damn what grubby says either

1 Like

Saw the "beta leak".

Positive feedback: Absolutely love most of it. Some of the models make me wanna cry (their CHARACTER I mean - I don’t give a flying **** about “polygons”). Also how models of buildings (themselves and the principles by which they are made or whatever) emulate warcraft2 optic focus it makes me “c*m in my pants”, it is absolutely what it MUST BE. The units (some of them - the most successful ones) are SO horrifying - not as in “bad” but as in as if they are made by some older better people who are actually persons who are severely good at what they do, a lot of it also resembles “Doom3” or “Skyrim?” or fantasies of what diablo3 should have been like (as in it grabs THAT a different vibe WITHOUT losing the “cartoony” one or whatever they call it in warcraft3) and very aggressively suggests DIABLO4. The seriousness of the amount of work in the modeling is unexpected, I thought they meant way way way way simpler. But this adds some tons of new optical and emotional dimensions. You just wanna open the world editor and create some EASILY <severely deep> VIDEOGAME worlds. The unreforged didn’t have those “dimensions”. And that`s why all of the mapmaking was practically puke, it could not reach any grownup esthetics. But now it reached ALL OF THEM??? You can do a “Dark Souls” here, or a “Legacy of Kain”, or a “Diablo 4”, this is unexpectedly ACTUALLY serious.

Negative feedback: I hate the ubersplats (under the buidings), and the goldmine rock texture is a NONO. Also orc raiders kinda really lack character compared to the old model. This and other examples of that are most likely not about the model but about animation (which clearly is not the stage yet). They sometimes forget the original emotion of the unit’s posture and the original emotion of the unit’s attack. And they should once and for all finally patch footman’s “walking” ANIMATION SPEED from “300” to “150” - not only for reforged but for unreforged too (that way when footmen’s shields are raised they are actually walking instead of flying). It is A BUG. Green trees aren’t “realistic” enough compared to the original, I also expect they don’t take their tileset seriously because it is still worse than the original. Human townhall has an ugly (literally) amount of wall segments. The walls’ and gates’ “rooftops” used to be tasty, now they are not. Same with the “original bridge” model.

/\ Wow, the amount of lack about any knowledge about art, game dev, art dev and blizzard itself is huge on that one. Jesus Christ.

/\ what requires it?

:roll_eyes:
the leaked content is not complete, its not even ready for beta yet, the leaks are content ripped from datamining and then placed into the current (classic) wc3 engine overwriting the original artwork… its also probably not even the latest version since they didn’t upload their complete internal codes, they just released a piece of data to begin setting up the new Bnet2.0 launcher, but the images are from an older than October update

I doubt the building construction animation is going to stay as it is because its ugly and clearly needs more work

2 Likes

Omg when will you realise that the “beta” leak does not represent the current state of the game ?
Absolutely everything is bugged in this version : portraits, trees, models, effects, buildings, UI… It just seems to be Reforged assets in a Warcraft 3 retail client.

The only official content we have from Reforged is the Blizzcon demo which is far better than the recent leak.

2 Likes