Extremely low FPS on menus

Same issue here. Just installed the game, and the menu is unbearable, while the game itself is just fine. By looking at hardware performances, it’s clear that the menu uses the integrated GPU, while the dedicated graphic card (AMD Radeon R7 M440) is employed only during the actual game. I do not see how this is even possible. What were you people thinking?

2 Likes

2 weeks later… still nothing eh?

1 Like

The only thing that fixed this for me was disabling Intel HD (integrated) graphics in BIOS. Whatever else that I tried, did not work. I tried to force the game through all kinds of file and software means to use GTX 1060 just nope, you can forget about it.

I wanted to use Intel GPU for one monitor and GTX 1060 for another monitor (gaming one). Nope. For some reason that destroys FPS in menu of WC3 Reforged

3 Likes

@Caterpepi,
You mentioned earlier that the team was seeing this a lot on Macs. I’ve got a MacBook Pro with 3K resolution and I see it too (though maybe not as severely as reported by some of the others). Obviously running DXDiag isn’t an option for those of us with Macs, so what would you like for us to send you to help diagnose the problem?

@Mongoose, that’s interesting information. It could be that the Web UI (for the menu) is drawing from the Intel graphics, but disabling it allowed it to use the main graphics card. Though, we have seen systems without an integrated graphics experience the same issues reported here. Has anyone else had success with disabling the integrated graphics?

The integrated graphics is most common with laptops. Our team is aware of the issue with laptops specifically, so hopefully they’ll be able to look into this issue further. We’ve seen some cases where reducing the resolution to 720p has helped some users as well.

@ LeJaWa, we’re good with the Mac issue and do not need any information from Mac users. The issue has been fully replicated by our quality assurance team and the issue is still open for review and investigation.

The main issue with Windows is that the issue was once resolved, but came back after a patch that we’ve requested data for this issue.

1 Like

TL&DR in the end.

I have always thought it was a problem with the game or the web UI. It never accured to me that this could be the issue, even though the same happened to me a couple years ago with the WoW PTR servers.

Going into nvidia 3d settings and choosing nvidia gtx 1060 for wow ptr had solved my problem before. However in this case I wasnt sure which exe had to choose, considering the web UI might be different than wc3.exe.

So I didnt even try that. I went to device manager(where you can update or disable drivers) and I disabled the Intel HD Graphics driver. Now the main menu is as smooth as butter.

Tip: Do not uninstall the driver, just disable.

TL&DR: Yes, disabling intel graphics worked for me. Thank you @Mongoose and @Caterpepl

2 Likes

Disabling the integrated graphics fixed it for me but I’m not on a laptop.

Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
Intel HD Graphics 4600

I can confirm that BlizzardBrowser.exe uses Intel Graphics instead of the dedicated GPU to render the menu. Disabling the driver as @Johaylon suggests immediately fixes the problem. For me however, it means that I can’t use my third monitor, so it’s not a fix. I only have two display ports on my GPU.

I tried to assign my dedicated nVidia GPU to the BlizzardBrowser.exe process as suggested (nvidia settings -> 3D settings -> Applications), with no difference.

Hope this helps someone or the dev team.

2 Likes

That’s interesting and good to know, Infinite! Thanks for confirming this with us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It seems that the issue has been identified. However, for laptop users, disabling the integrated graphics is not really an option.
What are the chances of seeing this issue resolved along with the implementation of the upcoming patch (currently in PTR)?

Thank you!

Dire,

We don’t code the game, but the information has been forwarded. We don’t currently have an ETA on a fix, but we’ll certainly share any updates we get at this thread.

2 Likes

I play on a laptop, I have low FPS on menus but when I desactivate integrated GPU it’s worse ! My GPU is a “Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650” and my iGPU is “AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics”. I have sent my DxDiag.

This work for me !

4 Likes

Yup, this worked for me as well.

1 Like

I’m on an iMac and no Intel graphics inside only Radeon Pro 580 8 GB on board, around 10FPS in the main menu.

This is an era when Blizzard’s games have poorly coded menu. Why would you run it on Chromium on a separate process? That’s ridiculous. Using native rendering this bitmap based menu could run FASTER than the old 3D scene from 2003. You basically decided to use SPRITES instead of full 3D and you ALSO made it slower and more complex. XD

Thanks man, this works.

I ever had the feeling the problem must be in the Nvidia driver stack. But change the configs to force this .exe files on Nvidia gpu ui doesn’t help. Blizzards what’s the prob to fix this problem, now we’re on Juni 2020 and it’s doesn’t seems fixed nowadays, are you kidding me?

Hey Blizz, a suggestion.

Since we know this is all due to the Menu being a Chromium app, the core issue is probably Chromium blacklisting the GPU for its own arcane reasons and thus defaulting to software rendering.

It would be really helpful if there was a command line option to pass “–ignore-gpu-blacklist” setting down to the Chromium engine, at least as a temporary remedy for those who still struggle.

1 Like

Since the latest patch i have gotten the same problem and none of the suggestions i find works… Have send the report now and hope it get fixed soon :frowning:

I fixed my problem… in my case my NVIDIA grafik card was making my game menu lag and i have to use the integrated INTEL insteed