Don't increase 12 for ladder

“I dont like what you asking but cannot counter claim so I will just insult you and act if I am kind person… good bye!”
good bye kind sir :slight_smile:

dont want change i see why dont you play the old warcraft 3 that game dont have new skins like reforged

1 Like

the honest truth is the biggest part of the warcraft 3 community plays for custom game becus the modern game show how much better rts game is without the 12 unit limit!
they still play more custom game now and warcraft 3 reforged gona lose rts players becus they gona play more custom games then normal games
but if they were to remove the 12 unit limit then we gona see more player staying longer

1 Like

What modern games showed us how amazing rts games are without 12 unit limits? What mythical great RTS game have you seen and we all didn’t?

Just leave it as it is, and encourage people to actually learn how to play the game.

Also to all geniuses - no it’s not engine limitation, it’s by design (and it’s a good one)

Thank god even Blizzard is smart enough to keep what made this game intact.

1 Like

to be more specific about the need (medium player opinion), here some examples :
when i have mass gyros against destroyers, i wish i have not group limitation
when i getting 70+ populations, i wish i could add more to my 1 hotkey (main army) while using 2 for casters+mortar

IF ITS DESIGN WHY DIDNT BLIZZARD ALLOWED PLAYERS TO EDIT IT IN MAP DESIGNER! ever thought that genius?
wait… I just engaged into discussion who’s name including blyat …My mistake

Because it was hardcoded by design, you amazing map designer

because? Why is that hard coded thing? Did blizzard wanted to make sure those custom maps were balanced too? :slight_smile:

I bet they will allow for bigger unit selection for customs. No need to destroy what works perfectly in 1v1 competetive just so a few people can try it and leave for customs anyway after 2-3 games.

2 Likes

question is still there dont dodge you mr knowing everything
WHY THEY DID NOT BACK IN DAY!

The limit is pointless and needs to be removed for quality of life. All the supposed pros that want to keep it can still select a group and assign a Hotkey…makes no sense to keep a silly limitation like only being able to select 12 units.

3 Likes

They had their reasons for that, and many much simpler 2D engines (like C&C’s, which is a fairly simple game with much of unit blobbing - i’m sure you would like it!) could handle that years before W3. I guess you’ll have to wait for WC4, dudebro.

100% … I could not have said it better myself.

“No need to destroy what works perfectly in 1v1 competetive just so a few people can try it and leave for customs anyway after 2-3 games.”

1 Like

you stlil didnt respond question
IF IT WAS POSSIBLE WHY DID BLIZZARD TORTURE US BY THIS DESIGN AT CUSTOM GAMES YEARS AGO!
tell me
if it was intented competitive gameplay mechanic why non competetive players had to suffer this too!

Can you chill a bit? Everyone here wants the best for the game, no need to get tgis worked up.

1 Like

the are people that play the rts game after warcraft 3 that most likly played the story mode in all of them then they get a nostalgia to play the story mode in warcraft 3 only to notice the 12 unit limit and lose abit nostalgia in replaying the story mode 12 unit limit! then they go to play custom games instead or another game becus they notice the 12 unit limit is not as fun in the modern time we are in now!

there are games that the nostalgia makes perfect sense to play as close as the original but in warcraft 3 this small change will be for the better and dont worry i wuld easy go agenst other changes to warcraft 3 but the 12 unit limit needs to be removed for the better of the game!

2 Likes

Of course there would be nothing wrong to allow for that in campaign and customs. Competetive won’t pass, sorry.

1 Like

as i gona say aswell there should be a separated competitive version with the classic one with the 12 unit limit removed to see how many wuld want to go competitive with the 12 unit limit remove!
as i said a toggle optional should be there for those who want go hardcore classic and those who want the unit limit removed!

It always annoyed me that we could only select 12 units. Literally the only issue I had with the gameplay. I would love it if they removed that unnecessary restriction.

4 Likes

WarCraft III is a beloved game. I think that’s the reason why people get SO upset when it comes to talk about the new possibilities. Going through the PlayWarCraft3 page makes easy to see the intention of bringing back all the good stuff but in a modern fashion; and they are not talking graphics only.

Now, separated competitive version / channel is not ideal. If we want this game to keep up for another 20+ years, split the fanbase is not an option. In the other hand, while a toggle feature it’s a good idea and Blizz will actually going to apply that in some cases, it seems like everybody wants the chance to toggle back and forth about everything: voice, graphics, history, maps, spells, text, background, 12 unit cap… You name it. And that, to me, is just not a realistic assumption.

I think there are ways to kill the game, but removing the 12 unit cap is not one of them. :thinking:

(Sorri 4 da broken inglish jaja)

4 Likes