Don't get the hate

its a broken piece of garbage that pretty much looks and plays nothing like the original , nothing in this game is what was promised when it was announced, its an absolute joke and a disgrace that this is a freaking blizzard game. Graphics are freaking terrible, they look like mobile character models not WC3 models, the story mode is a broken mess that actually manges to look and play worse then the OG and on top of that the cutscenes are also even worse then the OG. Its a freaking false advertising POS.

4 Likes

I didnt even purchase reforged, it auto updated, now I cannot even figure out how to play any of my beloved custom campaigns.
The Black Company.
Natures Call.
None of them.
Ive been playing wc3R pokemon legends for months waiting for custom campaigns to return, the only reason I even still played this game is gone. LAME.

2 Likes

Here go this way for 1.27b or 1.31.1 version: Classic Warcraft III --- Official Installers - Official Patches

don’t they say in the last comments that it no longer works?

Only for the PTR. The Backup on Hiveworkshop works and if you want it in different language then english (sadly not completely perfect) you need to do an unclean installation.

1 Like

Did you try to use the language mod with it?

But you might have to put it directly into the game folder, if a retail folder is missing.

If it doesn’t work, then try to add a registry key in regedit for the game folder (like if it was installed normally) or just use the Reforged game path & rename the Reforged folder into something else, as long as you are using the old game version.

Sadly it is not that Shaman uses new voice, it is that the shaman despite the fix in 1.31.1 is using english voice but this is because it is not a 100% installation but a roundaway trying to get something english to german.

1 Like

Ich glaube, dass das Sprachpaket ebenfalls für diese Version des Spiels klappen sollte, weil es ja für die Umstellung auf Reforged vorbereitet wurde. Ich denke, dass es dabei keine Rolle spielt, welche Vertonung gerade vom Spiel benutzt wird.

Ansonsten habe ich das hier gefunden:

Try editing config.txt of war3.mpq

Code (Text):

// Set the LANGID in [Game] to one of these unquoted constants:
//
// English (US) = 0x00000409
// English (UK) = 0x00000809
// French = 0x0000040c
// German = 0x00000407
// Spanish = 0x0000040a
// Italian = 0x00000410
// Czech = 0x00000405
// Russian = 0x00000419
// Polish = 0x00000415
// Portuguese (Brazilian) = 0x00000416
// Portuguese (Portugal) = 0x00000816
// Turkish = 0x0000041f
// Japanese = 0x00000411
// Korean = 0x00000412
// Chinese (Traditional) = 0x00000404
// Chinese (Simplified) = 0x00000804
// Thai = 0x0000041e
//
// Note: Do NOT quote the constant!

[Game]
LANGID=0x00000409

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/change-language-of-game-in-1-28.294367/

1 Like

I tryed to be positive many times too, but now its more than obvious that they released the game in ALPHA state. Literally not even beta!!. And I dont think even 1 person actually plays the game with reforged graphics.

Talking about graphics, the models look incredible. The problem is that you dont zoom in to look models in a game. The bad part is that the textures somehow look worse on reforged than on classic, so in a actual game, SOMEHOW (at least im my opinion) the graphics are better on classic!

But im glad that they are still improving the game. Ping is much better now. Ladder is comming and more!

1 Like

Did you play the original. even for today it was still a great game people played. If it aint broke dont fix it and they broke a products that was not broken

5 Likes

Thanks but sadly the Shaman still has alone his english voice while the rest is in old german already.

1 Like

you don’t understand. reforged gave us nothing, but they took away things about the old game we all played it for. i know alot of people didn’t care about them but i LOVED playing custom campaigns and now blizzard has removed all functionality of them. they took more than they gave, and we all payed for it, literally payed money for it.

6 Likes

I dont either, I play it all the time and love it. People are sooks I guess.

I agree with you, I love Wc3 Reforged even in its incomplete state.

forget what i said about the forced update. the only forced thing was the menu look change. you have to buy reforged to actually have the updates models.

no, you need to buy reforged to use them. They force you to download them and occupy 26GB of space uselessly…

5 Likes

Except they took what we had away from us with the forced downgrade.
Your post is still stupid af

5 Likes

More than 1 year ago:

No more developer updates since then. No ranked yet.

3 Likes

you get it now?

How to fix MISSING STRING: WESTRING MENU VALIDATE MAP TRIGGERS,MISSING STRING: WESTRING ERROR WORLD VALIDATION FAILED
Hi guys please help me solve this problems. When i try to test my map it loads fully but it freezes at the end of the loading. I get this message from the title of the thread in the world editor. Thanks in advance.