DLC for Warcraft 3?

Alright hear me out, please!

I love Warcraft 3 and I am still hyped for Reforged. But I am not really a Multiplayer kind of guy. Maybe I’ll start playing on Reforged but that’s not the point. What I would love to see on WC3R are DLC campaigns for singleplayer. And I am not talking about new lore. I mean for example missions from Warcraft 1 or Warcraft 2 made by Blizzard. Or even important battles from World of Warcraft. Like the Battle for Light’s Hope Chapel. That way we could get charakters from all over Warcraft Lore that are not in the original game and therefore could use them to create more custome content. Like a proper Lich King model or the Dragon Aspects. And all of that with Blizzard quality. We could build the entire Ice Crown Citadel Raid and make it so much cooler with a real Lich King.

I know a lot of people don’t like the idea of DLCs. But if Blizzard was ready to create something like that for us - I would happily buy them.

9 Likes

wc1 and wc2 campaigns are kinda boring, but it would be cool if blizz could release wc2 units and character models into the war3 world editor, similar to how they added wc3 units into the sc2 map editor.

If blizz were to make new campaigns, I think most people would prefer co-op campaigns with a little more depth to them. As for DLCs there will be lame DLC skins, but an actual expansion would be the best to offer something for everybody, since it would have a lot more to it

2 Likes

Additional campaigns such as The Founding of Durotar could be good.

5 Likes

I would definitely like to see Blizzard remake Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans into a RPG on War3 R. I feel like this could be a great opportunity to tell that story since it was cancelled (they would have to rewrite several parts that no longer fit the warcraft story ofc). At least Lord of the Clans was made into a book, so they would already have a good guide line to follow.

1 Like

I was actually thinking to start making custom maps that show the events happening after TFT. However, I don’t think I can do this myself, as my map designing skills aren’t good at all (I’m mostly into unit/hero ability designing and the coding), and I don’t really know all of the story that’s happening after TFT. So I’d need help with that project :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I love creating maps based on WoW zones and I am a huge WoW Lore buff. But I can’t for the live of me alter Units and what not.

1 Like

DLC is likely, specially since starcraft remastered have that(anouncers and graphics).

1 Like

He means the storyline remade in WC3R not the WC1/2 campaign it self. Like how they are now ofcourse they are boring, but made them like wc3 campaign with cutscenes, sounds, heroes ect in reforged and more detalied after the warcraft story that wouldn’t be so boring. To see the coming of the orcs to Azeroth, falling of stormwind kingdom, born of the alliance of lordaeron, fall of alterac bcuz of theyr treachery wc1 and 2 story lines are really interesting.

It would be fine a expensions with the troll wars when the human empire of arathor and high elves fight back the amani trolls.

DLC with the war of anctients when the legion strike azeroth for the first time or some dlc from wow stories to ,bcuz in wow they can’t make the feeling of a battle like in RTS warcraft game.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say that they can’t make the feeling of a battle like in RTS. I’d say that a MMORPG like WoW is pretty bad for telling stories:

• You have limited game time due to the monthly subscription, thus you pay more attention to developing your hero than you do to the storyline.
  • There is no audio for most quests, thus you need to read the quests, which is dull (yeah, I know it’d be insanely huge if they added audio for all the quests, but I’m just saying why it’s bad for story telling).
  • You level up faster than you complete quests. You often become higher level than the quest requirement, and it gives you petty rewards for your needs, thus you are inspired to skip quests.
  • There are way too many side quests, and you can’t tell which are the important ones, without checking some wiki beforehand.
  • The quests are spread all over the place, and it’s easy to miss them.
  • Most quests don’t have any requirements, although it’d make sense for them to have such:
    On my WoW hero I have a quest to search for Illidan, a quest to rescue Illidan, and a quest, given to me by Illidan to defeat the Legion…
  • On WoW, many of the story conclusions end with a dungeon, or raid, which require other players in order to be complete. And searching for a party takes a lot of time, or is straight up impossible, if you aren’t in a guild.
  • You need to make 1 hero of each race to experience the whole story. And that feels bad. In an RTS you don’t really have to commit anything, but time.
  • (not 100% sure about this, but) the newer expansions removed old content… especially Cataclysm.

There are some other reasons why WoW is bad at story telling, but I think I made my point :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

If they have premium DLC content that actually adds more creeps or NPC races and such, I’m all for it.

S-tier

• Lore-based wars that feature major historic Heroes/factions
  • War of the Ancients
  • War of the Shifting Sands
  • War of the Three Hammers

A-tier

• Any post War3 material
  • Formation of Scarlet Crusade and Argent Dawn
  • Lich King’s dominance of Northrend (Vrykul, Drakkari etc)
  • Teldrassil and the Emerald Nightmare

B-tier

• Revisiting lore
  • WC1/WC2 Campaigns
  • Day of the Dragon
  • Lord of the Clans
  • Sunwell Trilogy
2 Likes

This is exactly what we need.

2 Likes

I think it’s unlikely they’d do WC 1/2 campaigns, since they just made them purchasable by partnering with a Classic games site

I was thinking more like Reforged WC 1/2 campaigns. Taking whatever relevant Chronicles/WoW history and fitting those old games into the current narrative, the way Reforged is retrofitting WC3. Something worth DLC, not just a map transfer which anyone can do.

Think Rexxar Campaign quality remake of WC2 story. Voices, new mechanics, linear narrative etc.

2 Likes

Also everyone keep in mind they said they’d do some new stuff with Jaina and Sylvanas so maybe a few new little DLC’s with altered races?

Sylvanas could have an altered race of the undead being the forsaken?

Jaina could have the humans being the Kirin’tor?

We could see the War of the Ancients with the Wardens as an altered NE race?

And for the orcs maybe we could play as the Mag’har and see how to Orcs were enslaved by the demons and bought to Azeroth?

1 Like

check out the community made campaign

“malfurions quest”

its based on the wc3 lore and tells the story of malfurion with great gameplay design.

1 Like

agreed for the buy, not for preordering from now on.

You know what is B-tier? Your post.

By the way, don’t forget the Troll Wars, War of the Satyr and War of the Spider.

I’d pay premium price for War of 3 Hammers, Ancients or Shifting Sands. I’m not as interested in the War of the Satyr or War of the Spider, because for the most part they use units that we already have in game.

I want them to take on direct history from Warcraft before they start adapting the novels and sidestories. B-tier is simply there not because I don’t want it, but because I want the other stuff more.

1 Like

it is more likely that they will add more skins.

There is a DLC for WC3! It’s called “The Frozen Throne”. I’ve heard it’s pretty lit

1 Like