Desync from custom games

Not sure if this has been said anywhere, but since the patch the game has been buggy as hell. Many aspects are truly wonderful, but there is one black splotch that is ruining the entire experience. The problem is people are desyncing from games immediately, and over time after loading into a custom map.

The problem is not regulated to just specific maps or genres, all are affected. In the last week I’ve had my client completely shut down on me, see the score screen immediately after joining a game, desync from a game after an hour of gameplay, desync after 2 minutes, desync after 27 minutes. I mean, I literally just won a game of WinterMaul Wars because the other team desynced at the same exact time.

This is truly a wonderful game, and between the desyncs I have some truly memorable and fun experiences, but it needs to be fixed. Warcraft Reforged has brought back some of the custom map developers who are hard at work updating their Warcraft masterpieces, don’t give them a reason to stop.

Finally, I truly hope this isn’t a ploy to get everyone to buy the new version when it comes out :rofl:. I had planned on buying it soon anyways.

10 Likes

why is no1 talking about this ? The custom game disconnect problem is very annoying, I get it all the time. I cant create games anymore, now I get droped after 2-3 minutes all the time

6 Likes

This desync issue is incredibly old. Restarting the game after you play any game solves it like, 90% of the time. Still no dev even talking about solutions for the problem though :frowning:

(By old, I mean like 1’ish years old. Legacy team probably buggered something up and now here we are)

2 Likes

Both my custom maps encounter desync issues, i have been trying to work out what causes it but its hard to keep testing cause my map is so huge. The desync is really annoying though i gave up mapcreating cause of it

3 Likes

I feel you man. I also have a big map but feel so unmotivated to work on it due to desyncs after 20min. Would be nice if they gave us some tools to debug the causes of the desyncs (e.g. being able to skip to certain point in a replay, trigger logging, fake players, etc.)

4 Likes

This is a serious and super annoying bug. I also wonder why no one talks about it. Closing the game after each played game does not fix it thoroughly. Often I start the game, want to host a map and … desync!
Its really really really a big Issue. Because it’s so old and blizz kinda refuses to fix it/listen to us, I really start to think that the final fix will be delivered in reforged… So people have a reason to buy it you know.
Don’t wanna accuse anyone here but it’s just my 2 cents…

3 Likes

Related: Desyncing from games

1 Like

It wasn’t fixed and is still worse.

2 Likes

Yea, and it really doesn’t matter if I’m using Classic graphics or Reforged. I get desynced the same amount using both.

I took a hiatus from the game around May because of the issue. Is it still bad?

I can’t believe that this issue is this old. I just tried playing the multiplayer campaign with my wife after purchasing the game for her and we can’t play for more than 10 minutes without getting kicked out… Really devastating

1 Like

Main reason why this game failed… well… one of the many main reasons…

1 Like