Deniying refunds! WARNING!

They are pulling a fallout 76 for sure

You simply misinterpreted that line.
Look at it again and consider two key factors:

1. That advertisement was used for preorders.
  2. Keyword is “instant access.”

The point here is that a preorder will also give you access to RoC and TFT while waiting for Reforged to release and at no point does it insinuate anything about the availability of RoC and TFT after Reforged has rolled out.

At least that would be my interpretation. People can correct me if I am wrong.

You actually can.
Some guy did this over a scene in the trailer of Jack Reacher and got it settled, so

They gave you a window to refund though. They dont have to honor buyers remorse post launch.

I try to refound it too. I bought the pre-pruchase and installed it on the same day at night. Today its 30 and i try to refound it becouse they dont comply what promise. The cinematics aren’t like in the trailer, the interface neither and the fps drops under 20 in certain parts of the game.
I have try to send a refound request but they answer that i cant do it becouse i have much playtime
 the game was installed just 2 days ago, i only play the orc campain and 2 misions of humans when i realice all those problems (mainly the fps drops).
How can i get a refound? I dont want the game, i dont want to give them the rights of the maps i can made with the editor.

Dispute it with your bank or credit card company. I’ve had to do this before with another gaming company and it wasn’t an issue. But I bet they would ban you for doing it.

Yep. Just watched this. I love Az.

I am not a laywer, but I think it would depend on the circumstances. Whether the product being delivered as advertised is just one factor.

But what if we aren’t talking about trying to get a refund merely because you don’t like a game? Then that probably wouldn’t hold water. But what if the thing you purchased (preordered or not) was in fact broken or didn’t function properly. If we look at Fallout 76? that game was also plagued by issues. Bethesda like Blizzard denied refunds.

Lawyers began taking an interest in the situation.

"Washington D.C.-based legal firm Migliaccio & Rathod LLP has now claimed it will investigate Bethesda for deceptive trade practice (via [Gearnuke] Its statement claims Bethesda released a “heavily glitched game” and was now “refusing to issue refunds for PC purchasers of the game who found it unplayable because of its technical problems”.

As the article notes law firms can write blog posts like that but may not actually act upon or investigate. It could merely be a law firm sniffing around for potential money.

Blizzard did note that you had a window to request a refund prior to the launch of the game. Sadly this isn’t steam where you can request a refund of any game within a few hours of playtime.

As for me I will probably wait to see if patches are forthcoming.

I am very much well aware that this IS the US forums and not the eu ones so I hope you US people get your refunds but at the very least Blizzard can’t deny nor decline refunds for us in the EU due to some laws which is cool.

Also @OP, glad to hear you got your refund. As it should be.

1 Like

Do not tell lies, nobody takes away the right to make maps you can keep doing it perfectly, the only thing that is clear is that it is owned by Blizzard

Not the right to make maps, the rights of the intellectual property of the map.

Say you make a map about ''Chunky the Dancing Monkey" and it becomes really popular. Later on, you decide to take your creation and make a full game out of it on Unity or Unreal. But you can’t now, because anything you made or put in your map, whether it is a custom model or names and story you used, is all owned by Blizzard now. They would own the rights to Chunky, not you. And that’s not owning just the Chunky map, but anything and everything to do with Chunky. They can market it as they please, use the character as they please.

It’s not Blizzard being allowed to use your character; it is THEIR character now.

2 Likes

I got a refund, thank god I dodged this wreck for now. Hope you all get a refund, happy gaming my friend and stay strong!

got a refund today. did not start the game after the download 28.1.

Maybe i take a look again when they fixed the major problems, but we have to send a message as customers.

I bought the game 2 days ago. I wrote a ticket saying that I was disappointed about the lag and there isn’t any ranking system. I got a refund.

1 Like

Nope. I tried to get a refund months before it was out. I was denied. I did not even know there was a beta on this. Funny how Blizzard denies you a request for a refund months before the game came out.

I have not played the multiplayer for this. I do not care for playing against other people. The game is okay. It still has the same type of laggy thing. Nothing new, except the graphics.

its called ambiguous marketing and this is not strictly legal. Espacially in the EU Australia and Kanada.
You can see it on the class action lawsuit against Fallout 76.

2 Likes

I pre-ordered it back when they first announced it, refunded the pre-order half way into 2019, then pre-ordered again because my friend insisted I get the game.

The graphics look SO mediocre for something that took 2+ years to make. The game frequently stuttered and dropped to <15 FPS at some parts even though my PC is high-end.

Also extremely disappointed they cut out things like the UI we saw at Blizzcon and better in-game cutscenes. As someone who is mostly interested in playing the singleplayer campaigns, I just can’t justify paying $40 for a mediocre texture pack.

I submitted a refund request last night after finishing the orc campaign (so I had quite a few hours in game already). It got approved this morning, however, they refunded the purchase as Battle .Net credits so they technically still have my money :\

The game was so buggy, I uninstalled after five minutes and got a refund.

Man Blizzard is NOT what it used to be. WoW Patch 8.3 is busted and now this?

:wave:

What exactly is your agenda in doing what you are doing? You are defending a point of view which is absolutely absurd.

As for the features - the website says “competitive multiplayer ladder, tournaments and more”. Versus is not competitive, there is no score - it is like participation contests for losers like you.

Ladder and tournaments are also not in the game. If you have signed up for the multiplayer part of the game you are screwed. So don’t tell me they followed through on anything, I have been playing non stop this game for 15 years and have competed on the highest level. I can’t even play ladder on this “product”.

This statement tells me you aren’t a manager in any department directly connected to sales. Purchases that do not meet the needs and expectations of the buyer, leading to remorse on part of the buyer, is the number one reason behind refunds given.

5 Likes