Daily reminder that this fan mod is graphically superior to Reforged

Take a look at this video.

x_ WarCraft 3 на движке StarCraft 2 - Armies of Azeroth - YouTube

It shows a Russian fan made mod of Warcraft 3 created in Starcraft 2 engine. Shadows, terrain, trees, water…all of it is just simply much more visually pleasant than Reforged.

I just think it’s sad that this is the route Blizzard took and it seems like what we see in beta is what we’re gonna get - HD reskin with HQ models that seem out of place.

And it could have been so much more.

14 Likes

Not even close. The textures and models are way lower quality.

11 Likes

Reforged models are the only thing that are of higher quality. Too bad they look completely out of place in a game that lacks all the other graphical components.

9 Likes

I disagree. Im sorry you dont like their look.

4 Likes

I’m not sure a reforging (which is just WC3’s clever name for a remastering), would include completely changing out a graphics engine. That’s more for things like a brand new game, such as WC4.

1 Like

[insert “WC4 is WoW” comment here (because apparently none of you get it)]

1 Like

Reforged looks better than this fanmod.

Just wait for the final product. Its still a beta. We dont even know how far they realy are.

2 Likes

Reforged looks better than this fanmod.

In no way, shape or form does it look better. But sure, you’re entitled to your opinion.

Just wait for the final product. Its still a beta. We dont even know how far they realy are.

Bro, we’re less than month away from release. I admire your optimism but what you see is what you’ll get.

1 Like

Well its my opinion.

Reforged models are way better.
The only thing i would argue is the terrain.

5 Likes

Reforged models are way better.

I’m talking about the overall look of the game. Reforged gets super detailed models, but they come with terrible terrain, shadows, lightning, water, trees and overall low quality map details which makes them seem out of place.

Fan mod has decent models, but they fit in the rest of components. It has it’s own style and it’s very consistent across the board. Dammit it even seems better polished.

2 Likes

Well lets pray with the next 1-2 updates they fix terrain and environment.

Not in my honest opinion…

Imho Reforged looks WAY better than this, while at the same time remaining more true to the style of original WC3 in terms of color scheme/terrain is concerned and as mentioned the unit models are far superior in Reforged.

I honestly cant understand why people have such huge problem/issue with it, but each to their own. However it should have been clear from VERY beginnning to everyone that if you wanted Warcraft RTS game with entirely new/modern game engine, that you would NOT get it with Reforged.

1 Like

Units look more distinct and readable, thats for sure. Overall, I would have much preferred if they stayed with original art style and just upped textures and poly count.

Casuals: 20000 polygon model is objectively better then anything else, disregarding design of the art, readability, and staying true to the original models.

Am I the only one to find that there is a huge resemblance in the models of units and buildings between Armies of Azeroth and Reforged? It seems that all the models have been copied or have been heavily inspired.

Its just warcraft art, but the difference is, the lightning and the lower poly of Armies of Azeroth makes it easier to read. its less busy.

I don’t go agaisn’t better graphics, but one has to consider what’s coming out of their mouth when they vote for everything from water reflections to shiny armor reflections and super high poly and detailed models. in an RTS game.

and Wc3 for an RTS game is more micro heavy then macro so being able to instantly recognize the unit you want to give orders to should be what the company strives towards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_fAkO3WOSY

Hey, you in sufferable spergs… do you see what game this is I just linked? Take a wild guess which company makes that game. That’s what I thought… now sit down, shut up, be patient, and you just might reach a state where your brain gains basic motor function to realize that this is all coming soon…

Jesus Christ… they’re like every cliche video of kids in the car screaming “ARE WE THERE YET!? ARE WE THERE YET!? ARE WE THERE YET!? WHY AREN’T WE THERE YET!?”

1 Like

are you ok?

3 Likes

:grin:

Just keepin it real over here.

I kind a like the unit models of reforged better.
But it’s funny how in the video the guy considers how the game is only in English as a negative :smiley: