Daily reminder that this fan mod is graphically superior to Reforged

Eh no, completely disagree. Still its very good for a fan made game.

2 Likes

LOL i don’t like that fan made version, and its definitely worse than beta we have, reforged models are far the best compared to ( that, dota 2, lol, HOTS, etc ) but they don’t fit with the rest of the elements like: terrain and ambient effects. I’m just w8 for the next updates to see what will happen. I have no expectation anymore.

1 Like

The terrain and environments look a lot better but the characters are all kinda… flat looking? I know it uses heavily modified WoW assets (from the looks of it) and that critique could be levied against the MMO too (and it entirely should be) but the units and heroes kind of do nothing for me. The animations are kind of lethargic too.

Fan of the amount of team colour though.

Can’t they patch the engine itself

Not even close.

Also, daily reminder that art design is a thing and if you expect the same lighting to work for both a futuristic sci-fi game and a high medieval fantasy game I’m glad you are not in charge of Reforged’s art direction.

I personally think they’ve done a great job for the most part. You might not like saturated art styles, but that’s a matter of personal taste, not a matter of artistic/graphical quality.

1 Like

In order achieve SC2’s engine, the patch would be changing all the code from WC3’s to SC2’s. Calling it a patch would still mean changing it completely out.

1 Like

Nice troll top comment. It’s not even close.

2 Likes

Hmm… well, it looks closer to the original for sure. The modder tried to put War3 into Starcraft 2 which makes it look nicer and smoother. There are some things I like and are missing in Reforged right now like the “talking models” and the visibility (because it stays so close to the original). The terrain looks just fine, but that’s something Reforged could still be better at in the end. I don’t like the minimap. The game in general looks… too smooth to be Warcraft 3 while Reforged feels - despite its flaws - exactly like it.

Good job by the modder, but it’s not better or superior than Reforged which will still be improved even after release. It’s easier to just copy a game than fully recreating it.

It’s not like Starcraft Remastered but more like the Spyro and Crash Bandicoot trilogies and that simply takes more time. I still think Blizzard should delay this game but it seems that enabling it for pre-order so soon makes that difficult.

I doubt the so called mod contains every doodad, unit, model animation. What the video shows is a tiny bit of something that’s not even good as Reforged. Its taking longer for reforged because it has too many things.

While others complain they don’t even do calculation of every model animations that’s in the game. Units/Doodads/ and its not only this. Campaigns, Custom Games, Server Infrastructure, World Editor features last but not least 16 years old engine causing issues with the modern technology this is why we have bugs. Community wanted the old engine because it was unique. Sorry but Warcraft IV is not going to happen.

Warcraft III Reforged is best thing that happen to the this game. Just wait for a while. If you don’t its your own problem. I’m going to use the Wizard from Diablo III famous quote:
If it was easy everyone will do it. If you don’t like it you can always stick to classic.

Daily report to the topic creator for spamming.

Me like a broken record here, but - it already has, it’s called WoW.

As for the Armies of Azeroth mod: I confess that I followed the progress for ages, thinking that was the closest thing we would get to a WC3 remaster, but when Reforged was announced, the first thing I thought was, “Welp, all that work for nothing.”

Some things look better.

Blizzard should take notes on the terrain part and so.

Potraits are 50-50, but the UI and the game Icons look WAAAY better in Reforge than AoAzeroth.

Keep in mind that the engine here is Starcraft 2 which, if Blizzard used for Warcraft 3 it would be impossible to cross play.

Right now I am pleased with what we are getting, since the game cant upgrade too much.

Although I would say we still have room for improvment, if you want something like this in the future just pressure Blizzard to make Warcraft 4 or something.

Different engiene would be required and game would cost 60 dollars, what of the story and characters?

Do we retcon wow or do we go exactly the same way?

You do realise that most people dont want Wow story in reforged, thats why they removed the compaigns, plus new voice acting isnt always that good.

1 Like

Hope they simple use the new reforged models for this mod/map :smiley: than this reforged %&#@ has a little sense.

Played it 2 or 3 years ago, not bad. However you’re wrong @isyck.

Not a fan of the models but the terrain looks way better than what we have in reforged

All of us know how the game plays, story, even all units. Since blizz is REFORGING graphics, maybe, perhaps maybe they are holding back some of the visuals and only giving the beta testers a teaser of how some graphics look!

I heard this argument before but it doesn’t seem plausible. Why would they have a beta and hold back on testing some parts of the game.
And with broadcasters being free advertisement, why would they hold back on something that would potentially increase sales.

At least Reforged actually looks like Warcraft now instead of StarCraft 2 with WoW assets.

I think the Reforged will look like that in the Launch! We still have hope! All we need now is wait, and the final date is coming!