Blizzard, please introduce campaign cloud saving to this game for at least campaign progression. I’m tired of having to start the campaign from zero if I change PC or SSD. Also I know I’m asking too much but add old saves compatibility as well…
I think the saves are there by default, but they are stored locally rather than through Blizzard’s cloud saving. It may also depend on how your Documents folder is configured and whether it is being synced with OneDrive.
If your Warcraft III folder is inside a OneDrive-synced Documents folder, your saves should be synced as well. But I’m not sure if this works reliably in every configuration.
I transfered my Warcraft III folder from Documents from my previous computer and it transfered my progression.
But well indeed, there should be a kind of cloud auto transfer, Starcraft Remastered got something too.
Patches routinely break save compatability, unfortunately. It’s not a trivial matter to change that.
Might as well, if it’s online only…
yes I understand but most modern games don’t have this issue
Well, technically if you’re using OneDrive, it syncs and when you log on another PC your save files should transfer when you have OneDrive sync to the other PC.
I know this works when switching and syncing between PCs.
WarCraft III isn’t compatible with OneDrive though. You would have to copy the files out.
I dunno then, mine have been syncing with no issues.
You’re talking about the Warcraft III/Battle.net folder in your Documents folder correct?
I just double checked the OneDrive Sync, just in case I missed something new.
All my saves (checkpoints and Manual saves) all worked.
No issues.
Is working fine, I managed to sync my desktop with laptop.
War3 isn’t really a modern game, even today, as while they’ve made upgrades, it is still the same game engine from 25 years ago.
Or sell the game thought steam and it will use Steam save cloud automatically
It is unlikely that Steam will ever sell Warcraft 3, as Blizzard typically keeps its games exclusive to its own platform and has not shown interest in releasing them on Steam.
Would be great to have campaign progress cloud save, or at least something to save and unlock the campaign missions via cloud.
Yes, especially when he previous saves don;t work after each new patch. I wonder if that’s why they don’t do cloud saves…
Cloud saving is fine, and it’s not entirely up to Blizzard. Plus, people forget that you can use other cloud services besides OneDrive.
Save incompatibility, though, is another story. That’s down to Blizzard’s poor design.
So sure that’s not working then people blame the Cloud.
I’ve seen some new issues with the OneDrive not working with the current PTR saves.
Hopefully it’s just a PTR issue. We will see after the patch comes out.
I’m voting for this feature as well. I love the campaign, but the saving progress is very clunky. I think the game creates save points automatically, but I don’t trust them so I manually save.
I can’t imagine a new player trying to understand how this all works.