Classic Warcraft III --- Official Installers - Official Patches

That’s intended. The original game was hosted on the original Bnet but those were shut down when Reforged was migrated over to the modern Bnet. Thus anyone who uses older versions of the game won’t have access to Battlenet. It’s been that way since Reforged’s release.

You mean the URLs that someone posted above? The file that downloads is called “Downloader_StarCraft_Combo_enUS.exe” so it seems like it’s both SC and SC:BW.

1 Like

Does it mean that there is still bnet for WC2?

I suspect so (especially if GoG is advertising it). The old Bnet still exists for Diablo 2, so it should still be there for WC2.

So they really removed bnet just for wc3 for no reason at all???
Impressive…

1 Like

Removed the old Bnet. It was transitioned over to the modern Bnet with Reforged’s release.

It’s the original SC key (Broodwar didn’t come with a key).

The only games on the original Bnet that I can think of are Diablo 2 and Warcraft 2 BE.

Oh yeah, Diablo 1 should have Classic Bnet access as well.
EDIT: I just checked. I only saw one person in one chat room and I didn’t see a single game on D1’s Bnet. People may not be playing it online much anymore.

No Classic Bnet access with SC/SCBW because when it was remastered, it was migrated over to the modern Bnet.

Development Diablo 1, WC1 and WC2 were handed off to GoG.com in late 2019. D1 and WC2 have Classic Bnet access. WC1 does not because Bnet didn’t exist yet.

Lost Vikings 2 wasn’t made by Blizzard. I don’t recognize TOD and BTDP.

Where are you referring to?

The official download page? The direct download linked earlier in the thread? Somewhere else?

It’s just a single download for both games.

Officially? Not that I know of, but that doesn’t necessarily mean their isn’t.

On a side note, despite how it’s listed on the downloads page, there is no “Classic” WC3 RoC/TFT. If you install either of them from the “Classic Games” section, Reforged is installed.

TL;DR, does this still work? I remember people used to play TFT on the PTR, but Blizzard removed that functionality last year, I think.

The official downloads for D1, War1 and War2 are now at GoG.com.

Diablo 1

Warcraft 1
Warcraft 2 BNE
Warcraft Bundle

2 Likes

Not that I know of. You can try googling to see if anything comes up.

That link for Starcraft will only work if you had (and saved) the 26 digit key that’s created when linking a CD key to a Battlenet account. If you never had the 26 digit key (or did but never saved it), you won’t be able to install Starcarf 1 with that link.

TOD = Tides of Darkness

BTDP = Beyond the Dark Portal

Warcraft II’s original sub-titles before the Battle.net Edition.

1 Like

Ah that makes sense. Thank you.

Are you referring to the direct download link earlier in the thread? Did you see my comment about needing specific a Bnet key in order install that version? A CD key won’t work.

hi thanks for sharing, can I download if the zhZN link is useless?

Just FYI, Lost Vikings 2 was made by Blizzard. The original 16-bit version on SNES is theirs. They didn’t make the 32-bit remake “Norse by Norsewest” released on PC/PS1/SAT–that was developed by Paradox Software.

That said, the original SNES version of Blizzard’s Lost Vikings 2 is being added to the Blizzard Arcade Collection soon, along with RPM Racing.

can not install on my mac os, because this is 32-bit app

“Downloader” needs to be updated.

The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information.

Many people seem not to know that is even possible. On WoW TBCC I just had sent another person the links to those downloaders.

Me and my friend were trying to get this rolling last night.
He’s MAC and I’m Windows. We both installed in this order
ROC 1.27 → TFT 1.27 successfully, and then after downloading the patches from the respective windows and mac 1.27b links on PCgaming wiki, only I was able to run my .exe and update to 1.27b, but when my friend tried it didn’t seem to run the patch at all. Has anyone had this happen to them on mac? Being stuck at the last step feels bad :frowning:

Id does not work on mac version: macOS Big Sur 11.3.1 . I get a message saying ‘the developers need to update this software to be compatible…’

give us back our game!

2 Likes