Classic Warcraft III --- Official Installers - Official Patches

Because they’re trying to push their incomplete, DRM’d-to-hell clusterfrak of a “remaster” on us to replace it.

2 Likes

So you tried to download the PTR client? Well that sadly do not work anymore. The only Classic Version still available is final version of 1.27

1 Like

yeah i tried and it download the full 30 gb but i download the game 1.28 from a private server that i cant say but they give you the 1.28 but i think blizz give the possibility to download the 1.28 for the people that dont want the remastered

Sadly the did not. Despite their earlier saying in the PAtchnotes the Standalone PAtcher end with 1.27b.
I still want to hit myself that I updated my 1.31.1 Version to Reforged instead of doing that with an extra version.

1 Like

v1.31.1 (English): https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/patch-1-31-1-backup-files.322083/

Question is now, if they used the multilanguage version for this or if this is only english.
Edit:
Nope sadly does not work for me to get to German.

I don’t know if this still works (I did it once, but many many years ago), but you can install any version and then replace only the files related to the language you need. It doesn’t necessarily be the same exact version. It requires you to mess a bit with the archives but it works.

It’s a sad day when we have to resort to sharing this sort of information on Blizzard’s official forums in order to help our fellow gamers play a version of the game that Blizzard didn’t break.

4 Likes

I found out how to get this work on german (or other language).
You do not do a clean install. I did it while Reforged whas installed (and Renamed to Warcraft III Reforged) and this folder to Warcraft III 1.31.1 and it whas in german for me.

1 Like

Just tested the links , they work 100 percent for the older version not sure how people were trying to download, but it does in fact work… I do test the links from time to time and would update if it stopped working. You cannot use the blizzard updater after install as it will UPDATE you to the reforged client.

1 Like

Hello , Sorsha ! Thank you very much for your valueable ( and short enough !! ) expertise . My mac won’t react to direct download , nor to downloaded installers on Windows machine . Big Sur and list of previous versions – they simply does not support opening the files . But , I am happy to play my favourite game with my favourite voice actors (Russian) on Windows !!! I could not find CD’s , and account contains , for unknown origins , only the roc cd key (??) . It simply doesn’t work out during the tft installation . Blizzard support ( strangely enough ) evades my straight question to provide this key . How could you install tft in such a situation ( legally ), anyways ? Sincerely , Artyom

after looking for all over internet i found the way to download the old starcraft broodwar installer here is the link for those who want to download it https://us.battle.net/download/getLegacy?product=STAR&locale=enUS&os=WIN

1 Like

Hey so is this safe to use?

yes its safe, is like if you download it from your blizzard account

Alright thanks but i’m bad at downloading stuff are there any video guides for it?

click on the link and when your file is already download it on your pc click and chose a path where you want the archive to be download and wait until finish. too easy bro

Okey thanks m8 ^^

On GOG, yes.

Probably there is no bnet classic anymore for WC2.
GOG version is fine, otherwise you’ll need an old cd… mine is lost somewhere, but, according to Blizzard, after 20 years you should still have it in your computer as it was yesterday, otherwise it’s your fault^^

There’s two modes in the GOG version of WC2.

The standard version has Battlenet functionality. However, GoG recommends router/firewall resets to get the game and Battlenet to connect.

The “HD” version doesn’t have Battlenet functionality.