Changing gender of Popular Wc3 Heroes

I saw the leak with the new icons. They are made really good and it seems that artists did a pretty good job, as always!

I love the new icons, but I hate two of them:
Female Death Knight
and
Female Demon Hunter

I find that’s disgraceful.
Changing gender of the 2 probably most popular heroes(ok, not BM here but still). I hope they’re just skins/options.
I loved male Death Knight and Demon Hunter animations, quotes and MODELS. They were so popular that plenty of players were using them in their random games, such as Terrorblade in DOTA, Duke Wintermaul in… every TD Maul in the history of Warcraft, even in the first DB games they were present as Sayians etc.
I hate that idea of them becoming females.
(inb4 “are you masculinity threatened?! lel”, no - it’s about models/quotes/preferences, as I wrote above - I don’t care if they’re just skin/option, I wanted to experience Wc3 in the better graphics, why changing a few male heroes into female but not other way around? You may say that’s just stupid or senseless, but that just does change everything for me)

32 Likes

Given that there’s alternate models for campaign heroes (who they already said will also be usable as model swaps in melee), it’s hard not to think that the female Death Knight and female Demon Hunters are - yes - the new baseline ones.

But in the campaigns there’s no other Death Knight than Arthas and no other Demon Hunter than Illidan. Those are probably going to be the male stand-ins for melee/ladder play since in all the leaked icons, we didn’t see any other possible options.

3 Likes

i will never buy/support skins, ill probably stick with the classic artstyle just so i dont have to deal with too many skins, but Ill be really upset if the skins are still visible when playing the classic game online, there really should be an option to not see them when playing the classic game in multiplayer

4 Likes

As long as they give the opportunity to choose your hero skin yourself I think its a very good option.
In Versus games you play Demon Hunter, not Illidan. Its not pay2win, but more individual for people who like it

22 Likes

i buy skins and i will not stop doing that unless there is no skins to buy.

7 Likes

I hope so. Otherwise I don’t really want to play that game and I’m serious.

I don’t like the idea of random gender heroes, I want to play as the hero I choose.

Imagine getting female pitlords, lol.

15 Likes

i just want to see the female pit lord and the female fire lord.

female crypt lord will also be awesome.

6 Likes

Yeah. There are some classes that really not fit for a certain gender.

Imagine a Priest of the Moon, a male banshee becoming a Dark Ranger, or a female Keeper of the Grove(that would be a dryad)

2 Likes

Look of the heroes will be optional so any new hero models are great
What confuses me is the quality of this icons compared to the rest

…i actually love the fact we are getting a female DH and Female DK.

I mean we see female DK’s in wow…where do you think they came from? This is all original war3 lore, it’s just being explored more I think. And I honestly dont’ think Demon Hunters were only males that made the sacrifices for their people…Seeing as how Female Night Elves (sentinels) are the most active in the armies while druids were slumbering away in the Emerald Dream…I 100% think it fits lore to assume that their order did not exclude anyone.

That being said…certain heroes like Keepers, Far Seers and Tauren Chieftains for example…those are definitely gender specific orders. Same applies to Priestess of the Moon and Wardens.

7 Likes

I agree, but:

I don’t want to be forced to play as a female DK/DH.
I don’t want it to be random.
I don’t want them to be baseline.

I want them to be an option.

28 Likes

last year they stated that when you spawn a hero you can either get male or female variant for some of them

1 Like

This is actually really irritating because it is forced and because I want to be the female only.

3 Likes

As far as i know, you will be able to chose the gender of each hero, so nothing’s changed :wink:
Plus different hero skins, i hope it will be a collectable thing just like in hots

4 Likes

X_https://twitter.com/Stiven_SRB/status/1183356248227569665?s=19

X_https://twitter.com/Stiven_SRB/status/1183355960145993728?s=19

I think Mountain King will be discussed^^
I like him :slight_smile:
X_https://www.wowhead.com/news=295633/warcraft-iii-reforged-human-unit-models

X_https://www.wowhead.com/news=295634/warcraft-iii-reforged-orc-unit-and-hero-models

1 Like

That mountain king looks slick as fock.

That red color scheme :heart_eyes:

1 Like

These exist though. Even if the examples for them are post-Warcraft 3, we’re talking about melee/ladder skins. Where we already have not-canon-to-the-timeline skins like Cataclysm Thrall, Admiral Jaina, Fallen King Arthas, and Nightmare Cenarius.

1 Like

By the light!
look I enjoyed the heck out of the originals and am not thrilled with the idea of them being altered to suit political popularity.
HOWEVER! Because we don’t know what we’re looking at it’s too soon for us to get into an uproar over the sexes of our heroes.
Those could be alt skins similar to the fem ghosts in starcraft 2.

if you’re complaint is purely from a lore standpoint however…

Then you’ve still got issues as for the most part (in the olde lore) night elf women handled most aspects of war in it’s entirety.
Men had more of a “spiritual” calling.

So upon further thought with regards to the lore, having a female demon hunter makes a certain degree of sense all things considered.
Now as for having a fem death knight…
That one is harder to justify.
From what I understand, the majority of the original death knights were notable paladins, knights and such and records of female knights and paladins from that area and time are comparatively scarce.

3 Likes

I generally don’t buy skins but I accept them.

I wish they would clarify how gender randomization works so we know and not have to guess at how the system works. I’m fine with whatever gender hero, but not everyone will, and I hate having no answer to give when this topic rises up again and again.

2 Likes