Can we get the 2018 UI back?

this
x_https://i.imgur.com/9Fr05Tr.png

instead of this
x_https://i.imgur.com/Sv0MRge.png

the only thing I’d change from the 2018 UI is the unit portrait, it would be better if it was an actual portrait instead of a floating torso.
but yeah, the minimalist UI allows for the player to see more of the battlefield and I think that’s great for the game.

40 Likes

It’ll return

but for Co-op mode only.

I agree, except that I rather prefer the new portrait. But a minimalistic IU is clearly needed !

Source and why?

3 Likes

I hate they still have unit abilities in the bottom on command card both in WC and SC.
They should look at MOBA games, it seems that new Reforged could create some sort of really cool Dota/LoL alike interface.

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comments/69p3nv/improved_custom_hotkeys_setup_by_wtvr/

1 Like

I have already installed it.
And there should be way to do it in game.
And skills setup at the top of command card should be default, no matter what layout (legacy, grid or custom) you use.

1 Like

you mean like how it works in SCr/SC2? its still in the works, its just not ready for beta yet

that will never happen because a lot of people still use default

I mean positioning of abilities, not the binds themselves.
You can still use this QGNU or some other legacy binds, but they should be situated on the card like QWER, not ZXCV. Just for VISUAL quality of life. it’s important that abilities are near to the centre of display as possible.

my guide above (the one you said you installed) is for QWER, not ZXCV… and Im not sure what QGNU is

1 Like

Thanks, but it seems, you can’t understand what people wanted to say…
And QGNU are just random keys, we know, that legacy key are all across the board, not close to each other.
And of course, I have installed your custom keys. I’m not so silly to play legacy with bad key positioning in any game in 2019 (almost 2020)

i actually liked the 2018 beta one however until the game is released we dont know what it will look like. They could already have the changes made to retail but holding it back from beta we dont know

1 Like

oh no that was so bad, literally the thing i couldn’t stop complaining about while watching the demo.

No one cares about co-op only scared boys without hands for ladder

Please go play Dota 2

Ooooo, so wc3 will be getting a co-op mode? :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

They literally had no reason to change it so I don’t understand why they did… I hope we see it return.

Are you insane?? Asking to go back to the original ui…that will take blizzard another year just to change that! Let these slow pokes finish what’s on their plate.

Agree, also the top part is ugly… we’re not in 2002

I like the stylized old UI (the one in the beta). I want my spells and item icons as big as possible to provide better clearance of cooldowns and the items themselves.

It doesn’t hurt anyone to just let us choose between the two styles.

1 Like

perhaps this should/could be moved to the beta feedback forum?