Can someone explain what Blizzard did wrong?

the game
we all do…

1 Like

I was just playing it earlier. It looks fine to me.

You set unrealistic expectations for yourself, you live by those expectations.

Enjoy your outrage folks.

1 Like

Yes how dare people be outraged over a game they love and likely grew up on being negatively changed. How dare people be upset over a subpar piece of trash being forced onto them whether they were dumb enough to shell out the 40$ or not. But oh no think of the devs! Screw the consumers think of the devs who might be reading this :(( Enjoy the 10 bucks, shill. Maybe you can buy a few mcchickens with it but probably not since your payment is likely in battle.net balance.

2 Likes

Yes how dare people be outraged over a game

Yeah… outraged over a game. Puts things into perspective.

1 Like

There’s no guarantee of this, though, and right now we have even less reason to believe them than normal considering the state of the game right now.

What if Blizzard decides that some of those features are just too much work to bother putting them back in?

This also isn’t Blizzard doing us a favour.

This is them trying to sell us a remaster of a game that has less features than the game did a month ago.

This is also them taking the game I already paid for and removing features from it.

Blizzard isn’t my friend. Blizzard isn’t even a person. They’re a company that I might give money in exchange for a product.

I expect to get what I paid for. I do not expect what I paid for to have features removed from it over a decade later.

I mean, to be fair, WoW had a disastrous launch… and it’s the biggest most popular mmo, still?

It’s like people are incapable of seeing even 5 minutes into the future.

2 Likes

It’s not about the quality or quantity of the game in this scenario though. It’s about the fact that this game already existed in probably as good a state as this “remake/remaster”. Especially with this being exclusive to PC, I just don’t find it justifiable to charge what they did for a slight reskin of an 18 year old game that was already paid for (or was it free by now? I had it already either way.).

This whole thing really would’ve worked out better as an update for Warcraft 3 instead of asking us to pay for it.

I just want to be able to use cheats in offline custom games :frowning:

1 Like

They added new skins in the cinematics… say thanks Activision…

The problem isn’t that the launch wasn’t the smoothest. It’s that they removed features from people who didn’t even buy reforged.

If Burning Crusade came out and suddenly my Paladin wasn’t there anymore even if I didn’t buy TBC, I’d have been pretty upset about that too.

Why the hell would I appreciate the work that went into gimping something I paid money for?

That’s fair. I’ve seen streamers commenting about classic being different. Hotkeys not working, that sort of thing. They’re not happy about that.

WoW had a disastrous launch? I played it in 2004, it was not disastrous at all from what I recall

What part of blizzard HR are you from? You sound like soulless empty corporate shell so indoctrinated you can’t even relate to real people… This thread makes me sad.

1 Like

Maybe because most of that was unused?

I loved my LAN parties as much as the next guy, back in 2003, but these days 90% of games don’t support LAN connections, because internet connections are so common, even in locations where LAN parties are held. So yeah, they scrapped LAN connections.

Custom Campaigns? Great at the time, but not used now save for by a few hardcore fans here and there.

As for the ladder? I expect that they’ll patch it in once people have gotten adjusted to the differences between vanilla and reforged (yes there was a rebalancing). There is a reason why Blizzard doesn’t immediately start new PvP seasons in WoW the moment a major patch goes live, they want to give folks time to get used to any class changes, to prepare themselves, then start the competition. Likely the same deal here, because you have folks returning who, like me, haven’t played the game in years and have to relearn things all over again.

If a feature was removed from the game, chances are it was not widely used, or it was too low on the priority list for launch and will be added later. This game, unlike ROC/TFT from 2002/2003 will be getting ongoing support.

tldr I think this stuff wasn’t widely used so it’s okay if these 18 year old features were removed btw it’s ok to release an unfinished product haha

This game, unlike ROC/TFT from 2002/2003 will be getting ongoing support.

probably because it needs it, what with having less features and all

Don’t you have some goats to harass for crossing your bridge?

don’t you have a game to fix?

1 Like

Things not being popular isn’t an excuse for them axing it when they don’t have to.

You know what would have solved it? Not forcing the Reforged client on the people playing Classic so that we could have kept our old features.

If they weren’t finished the game they shouldn’t have released it. Sure we’d be disappointed that it got delayed but if in a few months they released a good product, nobody would be talking about how much the delay sucked. We’d be talking about how great the game is.

and there is zero guarantee they will continue to support this game for a decent amount of time and re-add all or most of the missing features.

On top of the fact that they shouldn’t have been removed from the Classic game in the first place.

Yes Hello, I will do my best to answer this question.

There’s some other stuff too, but I won’t bore you with all the “negligible” details.

For those of you who would like to play the Classic Warcraft Client again, check out this thread. For those who want to play Classic Warcraft 3

Enjoy!

Yeah, it actually is.

Because that’s work from developers that is unnecessary and can be better utilized elsewhere.

Imagine if you are planning a route from point A to point F that routes through points B, C, D and E. This is your route that you’ve always taken.

You’re tasked with plotting out a new route, and while plotting out that route you realize that travelling to points B, C and D are unnecessary and it’s faster and more efficient just to travel from point A, then to point E and F.

A smart man picks the most efficient route to save time and money. The stupid man does not.