Can´t log into Reforged

Hello,

few days ago I downloaded Reforged. But I don´t bought him. Just downloaded. I bought many years ago Warcraft: Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne. When I´m trying log into game, it shows sentence “Error, there was an error in handling the request” Email and password I written correct. Tried many times. The same problem has my friend. (He doesn´t bought Reforged too)

So, my question is, we must buy Warcraft III: Reforged to play it? Or how we can fix it to play Reforged?
And second question is, how we can play old Warcraft? I mean Frozen Throne.

Thank you for your help,
Daniel Polisensky
Czech Republic

screenshot: =https://prnt.sc/qvoijc

3 Likes

Same thing happened to me. I hope they give us an answer.

Exactly the same happened to me. Forced software update, then unable to access my original games. Come on Blizzard, sort it out!

1 Like

Honestly blizzard, they don’t have a right to kill a game we bought with our money. They better fix this or the players must sue blizzard for false advertising.

2 Likes

There is a fix you need to register both your warcraft reign of chaos and Frozen throne on the blizzard account you are using to play it and it should work. If not repair the game in the blizzard installer.

1 Like

Hey there friends,

What Deathstar699 said hit’s the nail on the head. This most of the time is just the keys not being on the account or not being valid for some reason. To be clear, you only need a Reign of Chaos or Warcraft 3 Reforged key on your account to log in. We have talked a bit about this in other threads.

Please feel free to post back or reach out to support for more help!

/Nathardrick

so you’re telling me we need to buy both ROC and TFT in order to play a game that we bought that has no connection whatsoever to Reforged? What kind of bull is this???

1 Like

Also I have ROC but I don’t have TFT so I need to buy TFT in order for a game that I payed 40 bucks for?? Is this correct? Yo this is a huge red-flag

1 Like

i did this and it said my codes have already been claimed

So you FORCE an upgrade on people then tell us it’s our fault when it stops working???

Blizzard this is ridiculous!

Can you please check if I have RoC and TFT cd keys linked to my account. When I try to log in I get the typical error handling the request so I tried to redeem my wc3 codes and I get the message that they are already claimed. I need help from here please

First of all, I would like to note that I never expected Warcraft non-WOW to last this long. Thanks.

That said, I really wish I could either get back pre-Reforged, or play the download I was given. My problems are:

• The dreaded “There was an error in handling the request.” If this really means that I need to register my CD keys, could I request a message that says that? If not, what does it mean, or how can I get to the bottom of it?

• Inability to register said CD key. The only place on my account that I can find to put it in is “Redeem a code”, which does not suggest “Register” to me. And anyhow, I am unable to register either ROC or TFT, entered either with or without hyphens. The message is “The code you entered cannot be claimed.”

Thanks.

1 Like

Talking to myself.

Able to enter ROC code through “Shop” in Battle.net app. With hyphens. Think I misread a “Z” as a “2” earlier. Can’t get TFT though – just getting “try later.”

PS - this got me into ROC. – LT

I got one of my accounts to accept a code, but my primary account will not accept me original code (I have 2, one for me and one for my son)
Son’s up and running (Having lost all his progress, BTW!) but i’m still without!
How do I get this sorted?

Hey folks,

If linking the game to your account fails for some reason, the best thing to do for this type of issue is Contact Support directly. We can’t help each individual player recover accounts or claim keys for privacy reasons. Support should be able to help you identify any issues or help you find any missing accounts.

Just a RoC key will grant both Classic RoC and Classic TFT in the Reforged client.

Do they show in your “Games & Subscriptions”>“Classic Games” like below?

If not, either you claimed it on a different Battlenet account sometime in the past, or the key was used by someone else.

Where did they say it’s your fault? It also hasn’t stopped working. Without Reforged, you need to prove to Battlenet that you own the original WC3 and that is done by linking a RoC key to your Bnet account.

You can check in your Classic Games section in your Account Management. (See the screenshot above.)

See here:

The same thing happened to me way back in the day when I tried to link mine. Customer Support was able to link them for through a support ticket (basically what Drakuloth said above me). I recommend either the Live Chat or Callback. It’s much faster.

You don’t need it for Reforged. The RoC key alone will unlock both RoC and TFT.

I have the same problem, too. And already scanned and repaired.
I own the original Warcraft III and the Frozen Throne extension.
But on start I will receive a message that the request couldn’t be processed.
Is there something I can do?

I have found the reason but i don’t like the reason: I don’t own Warcraft III: Reforged. Without Reforged it doesn’t seem to work, I bought Frozen Throne some years ago and that makes me a little bit angry that it doesn’t work. (sorry for that…)
Why can’t just play Warcraft III?

This was a thread necro, so I’m going to lock it, but quoting myself here so it doesn’t get lost in the bumps.