Campaign's nonsensicality and changes (MEGA-THREAD)

my f#cking sides (20 characters long bullsh1t post)

1 Like

Well, okay, that’s a fair point. But I still think, like was already explained above, death of a Dreadlord is still a serious thing. Just because they are banished back to the Void, doesn’t mean that killing one was an easy task or that it’s easy to come back from there. Or else they wouldn’t have a fear of death. The whole story of Burning Legion, after all, is that someone summons them to Azeroth and they are always just banished back where they came from, because simple mortals can’t really kill such powerful godly beings. To me, that has always kinda been the first assumption. Like, demons are some beings from a another dimension, normal laws of nature of our (or Azeroth’s) universe don’t really apply 1 to 1 to them.

1 Like

I think they didn’t know undead were this close and Sylvanas wanted to warn the city.

No. This (or part of it) is the present and probably the future of gaming industry, especially when it’s Activision related.

Don’t preorder in a first place, because if the game paid off before release devs lose motivation to try well to make something good to be paid for IMO.

isn’t it? Can you name more iconic game? I just would use sacred. And guess what? “Our sacred game is being desecrated!”

Because as you said “wrong” lore intrudes wc3 lore.

If you remember wc3r is not made by blizz.

4 Likes

Dude you got the words right out of my heart

1 Like

wc3r is made by Blizz.

Only the graphics are being outsourced, everything else is done in house.

Any balance change, any lore or campaign change, any updates to the engine and world editor, all voice rework is done in house.

4 Likes

Hitler Finds Out That Warcraft 3 Reforged's Story Will Retcon The Original Game's Story - YouTube best video ever, no need for anything other than this.

1 Like

This is what I meant. I just wasn’t concrete enought. Thank you for pointing out. However I have to admit graphics are directly connected to the lore, by that i mean character (unit/model) appearence, example: dreadlord’s tail.

3 Likes

Is that bad?

Do you prefer have 2000s models today?

Or a nice newer one?

We want new hd models based on old models. Same thing just improved to be HD like we did in Armies Of Azeroth mod.

1 Like

It sucked. It looked bad. I’m afraid, it wasn’t up to sniff.

Just compare the glory of the Blademaster. Count the hairs on his immaculate beard.

Or the sheep. So pink and happy.

Or the Spellbreaker’s cleavage. Oh, yeah.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s a super important example or anything.

It’s about as small of a change as if footmen were using falchions instead of longswords.

1 Like

Small? Falchion looks like a shortsword to you? Mate…

1 Like

Yeah, Adunai. Tell me about the very deep and intricate lore behind footmen’s swords.

Ofcourse not. But who doesn’t like attention to details and respect to the classic?

2 Likes

just saved me some time typing

3 Likes

I dont know if they have all the concept art from Original to remake them exactly like before in HD

Liking new models

Did you see Keeper of The Grove model or Chimera?

Let me rephrase it for you. “Like we (not me ,they) tried to achive by making our own custom models bases of original models and some other models in Armies Of Azeroth mod, but couldn’t do as good as full occupation professionals could”

2 Likes

Talking about remodeling topic in general I really liked the approach they took as shown in “The ressurection og Kel’Thusad” videos fo HotS: taking wc3 model and step by step aking it some what “modern” looking. I think this time they coould do something simmilar but insted of going HotS style they shoud go Warcraft style. Also I would leave all the original animations or smooth them if needed just as they are. There probaly will be paid emotions for heroes like Palading pointing finger and such, which I don’t know what to thonk about. Now as you finnished reading this go all the way up and what this thread was about and where we are now :sweat_smile:.

4 Likes

Hence the mega thread.

It wasn’t about anything. It’s by EternalShade.

You’re calling LemonSky professionals? I’ve always had an impression that a proper WC3 fan can barely hold contempt for the outsource studio.

3 Likes