BUG: Preload files are being cache’d

BUG: Preload files are being cache’d

Pretty much every single custom game with a large player base is using these Preload files to track player stats for in-game progression or leaderboards. Essentially, this bug is breaking the integrity of 95% of hosted custom games and really hurting the respective communities.

I believe this is also breaking some campaign checkpoints.

EDIT: Here is a video explaining the bug in DETAIL: Patch 1.33-1.34 Cache Bug Tutorial: How to Reproduce - YouTube

70 Likes

As in this could be the reason the bonus campaign is crashing?

6 Likes

Among other things, yes.
Just a few files being cached this way has serious consequences for a lot of things.
Think about everything from AI breaking in some specific circumstances, to user preferences not saving instantly in W3Champions, even LegionTD scores being buggy and some more, all of that can come from the Preload system needlessly caching the files (which wasn’t the case before 1.33)

10 Likes

Vouch for this. Having to restart the game everytime I finish a game on a map using a save/load system sucks.

5 Likes

yea VTF we i hope its getting fixed, huge Problem in Line Tower Wars aswell

6 Likes

Lots of people are abusing this vulnerability to manipulate their stats. It’s completely worthless the way it is now. Is there any reason this file has to be cached in the first place?

5 Likes

Yeah, true.
The problem is here and is kinda disturbing.

5 Likes

Can absolutely confirm this is happening, and it’s ruining a huge facet of what has made custom games so great over the years. Blizzard, please prioritize this as a fix for 1.34!

8 Likes

Facts! I know blizzard is not supporting this game anymore… but everything was working til the 1.33 patch. This game is still alive 20 years later. Please at least fix this cache issue.

6 Likes

Really want this bug to be fixed!

4 Likes

Yes the problem is really annoying. Alot of ppl will get tired of this bug and gonna stop playing this great game.

5 Likes

+1 would appreciate an official response on this

4 Likes

Of all the odd quirks and bugs among recent changes, surely this one causes the most issues. It would be great if someone could spend a few minutes fixing this.

5 Likes

Please fix this - such a small change causing so many issues! Has a huge negative impact on the custom game community, including Legion TD and Line Tower Wars, breaking the robust ranking systems our developers have made within the maps.

4 Likes

+1 this has boken a lot of custom games

4 Likes

This bug is the only one that is a real pain. Hope it can be solved in 1.34

4 Likes

Blizzard please fix so line tower wars ranking works again!

4 Likes

plz fix!!!

5 Likes

This bug is having an impact on the warcraft 3 community and is pushing people away from Warcraft 3. Please fix this.

7 Likes

I completely agree with this and hope this could be fix

6 Likes