Bug exiting areas in Rexxar campaign

So, I havent played warcraft 3 since before reforged came out, and while I never bought it, I seem to have gotten the changes from it, and with it some bugs.

When I go to the Rexxar campaign, everything seems normal, till I enter a place through the shimmering line. When exit, it doesnt fully load, and im stuck and can only exit the game via alt+f4.
What happens is similar to when a cutscene is about to happen, normal, not cinematic.

21 Likes

This is a bug that Blizzard must fix. It may be a while.

7 Likes

I have the same issue! In both quests that you need to enter caves, when you exit the bug happens. We need help!

6 Likes

Same problem here, hope Blizzard will fix it ASAP

3 Likes

Same issue here, driving me crazy. I so desperately want to finish the game…

3 Likes

same here i cant do anything else when it happens

2 Likes

This is so sad, I really wanted to finish the campaign before Wrath Classic released. This is a bummer.

3 Likes

I have the same problem :frowning:

1 Like

Turn your spell effects to low. Do not load from a checkpoint.

Tried that, did not help. Can you let us know the exact settings you have e.g. FPS etc.?

1 Like

I have actually not run into this issue which is why it’s difficult to be more specific. I believe the game is failing to support your system setup.

• Update all your drivers
  • Delete the contents of Documents\Warcraft III\Errors
  • Turn your game settings to low

I did all of that and still no success :confused:

well thing is, this is the only issue, in the entire campaign that i ran into, i can go in fine, i cross the shimmering line, nothing happens, game goes on. Its on my way out, even if i go in and right back out that it goes into that screen. Its not frozen either, like a soft lockup. I get the layout of a cutscene, and the goblins move, but i cant do anything. Not even pull up menu.

Edit: tried the solutions, still had the issue.

2 Likes

Same here, more then one month.

i have the same issue , i feel like no one cares, blizzard doesn’t want to fix this bug or what

1 Like

There has not been a team to support the game since 2020.

2 Likes

the same problem here, it freez when i enter in thunder lizard, i finish the mission , and when i want to go back it freez, said, blizzard dont care about us, i want to finish the rexxar camp on hard :face_exhaling: :face_exhaling:

1 Like

yeah, dont get me wrong, love the other campaigns, but this is one i want to play and its bugged till someone fixes it

November 10th
Captain’s log: I am located in South America. I have tried to play the game… game still crashes. What an awful time to be alive.

I am also stuck with the same problem.

On exiting the goblin sapper tunnels, what appears to be a cutscene freezes. Nothing I’ve tried gets around it.

Blizzard, any fixes or workarounds?

1 Like