Bring back Patch 1.31. Now

Yeah sadly this is only in English, or better said I do not get to work it starting in my native language german. This is why I still head desk myself.

You type pretty good English for someone who’s not a native speaker, if that helps any.

Hell you type better English than most native speakers I know.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. On my last chat with two repourters from Ireland in a coffee house in vienna they wanted to know where my english teacher is from and one said he wished he could one day speak as good german as I speak english. I talked to them originally because their english sounded so awesome like the one from my teacher back then so I whas curious where they are from.

Anyway back to topic I did it. I got it to work with not following the instruction of doing a clean install. So right now it is working beside Reforged and I even got the german language back. Now I can go to bed in peace.

Oh ok, so you don’t need to delete Reforged. It could be Reforged that defaulted your language to German, but the tutorial in the link did say that “the game might launch using the language of your operating system”.

1 Like

Yeah but when I did a clean install it did not used the german language. Neither did it when I only deleted the document folder from Reforged while Reforged whas on the not connected external harddrive right now. Only when I did it while Reforged whas active now from the external hard drive (or just letting the document folder there) it worked for me taking over german language.

And now I have the first bug. Shamans decide to only talk english.
:disappointed:

And now I plead Blizzard please give us the option to download 1.31.1 again.

Here please go this way: Classic Warcraft III --- Official Installers - Official Patches
But sadly 1.31.1 is still not official available again so please for the sake of your community just give them back the Classic PTR for 1.31.1 again for all those singleplayer lover.

1 Like

Because 1.27 improved compatibility with Windows 7+ and is still to get via Stand Alone Patcher. That is similar to why people want 1.31.1 back. Because it added 64bit support and made the resolution be available in Native Widescreen instead of only stretched.

1. I wrote Windows 7+ because it whas shorter then Windows 7, 8 & 10.
  2. And I wrote exactly that Patches are still easily availabe up to 1.27b.
  3. And I stated that there whas a difference in Graphic between Stretched and Native. Here is a link from User Flawaffles on post 41 that demonstrate what the difference is between stretched Widescreen until 1.30.4 and Native Widescreen on Patch 1.31: _www.readmore.de/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/4122.jpg

Well lucky for you that on your Windows 10 computer 1.26 runs fine. On mine it has problems if I try the version below 1.27.
We have only a sample group of two with different views.
And from what I see is that you think what is written in the Patchnotes is just written for fun

I am talking about what stands in the Patchnotes and to 1.27a it statest that there whas improved a compatibility for Windows 7,8 & 10 where you stated that it did not _https://wow.gamepedia.com/Warcraft_III/Patch_1.27a

Well I am fine with it having no online support. The topic about this thread is actually to get back 1.31.1 for a better Singleplayer experience.

You mean beside the fact that the game official supports 64 Bit and the resolution whas fixed for native instead of stretched without need for any mod.
Well I like the additional Team Colours for fitting Thematic NPC Mass battles.

It is the first one with adding that English is not Native. My knowledge about computer and OS is limited to how do install things, that Windows 7 whas the WOTLK of Windows with Windows 10 running better for modern games with the sacrifice that many old games are not running anymore. I have never experienced luckily any bugs in the campaings. I just tried to explain you why some people see and wish for old versions back. You started here the arguing why our wish is idiotic and unreasonable for reasons I still not understand.
We merely stated to want a patch from the old game we loved to get back where it ran on the actual supported system the best because as you stated Windows 7 is not supported anymore.

1.31 has UI customization that 1.30 does not have. What kinda crazy person would play 1.30 instead of 1.31? The modding apis on 1.31 are way better.

Personally I’ve started trying to use 1.22 as the source of assets for the emulator. I remember when 1.26 was the thorn in my side that ruined everything and 1.22 was the version that actually supported everything.

But, I get if people do not see things that way. We spent a lot of time on 1.26. Jumping back to 1.26 from newer ones to check for particular changes was a frequent activity for me during the years of the prepatches leading up to Reforged.

Doesn’t 1.31.1 have bugs in the hero AIs? There’s been on and off claims around here that enemy heroes don’t use abilities/spells properly resulting in the general difficulty being reduced.

1 Like

That was 1.28 or later. But if you can name any campaign bugs that are specific to 1.27 then please say so, because I haven’t found any.

Again if you can name any maps that 1.27 broke then please say so, because I think that was 1.28 and later. The rest of what you’re saying here is essentially that 1.26 got more fan mod or unofficial support. Of course that’s not surprising given that it was the longest running patch, and that could very well make it superior if you care about that stuff. But if 1.27 was the version we had for those years, it’s fair to assume it would have gotten that much fan mod support too.

Otherwise 1.27 is practically identical to 1.26. Though they claimed to have fixed some bugs including a crash caused by chain lightning, and to have improved compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. By the way, improved compatibility doesn’t mean that people will absolutely have problems running an earlier version of the game, or that such problems can’t be addressed. Just that some problems might happen, even if they’re rare.

That link is mainly for the English version. In his older posts he said he wants German. While he was able to get it mostly German by installing it while Reforged was on his computer, at least one unit still speaks English. Also you have to install the whole game again that way, not through the game’s patching process. He wants Blizzard to release stand alone patches for 1.28 to 1.31.1 for convenience and accessibility.

1 Like

But it is only available to official download Patches up to 1.27b. The rest are only privatly shared back ups from games where you can get problems if you want the game in the language that whas available back then.
And RoC and TFT are still not F2P because back then whas a backlash, that you needed to buy Reforged to get RoC and TFT keys. And no Reforged is not RoC or TFT. But okay you can stay with 1.26 that is for you the best.
(I feel like I am mid in a DnD Edition war)

Paradox is doing it.

2 Likes

No the company. With Games like Stellaris, Europa Universalis, Crusador King or Battletech from the original creators going video game there you can official download every major patch from them if something of the newer changes is not to your enjoyment.

2 Likes

No they are famous for their Multiplayer part too.