Bring back Patch 1.31. Now

But it is only available to official download Patches up to 1.27b. The rest are only privatly shared back ups from games where you can get problems if you want the game in the language that whas available back then.
And RoC and TFT are still not F2P because back then whas a backlash, that you needed to buy Reforged to get RoC and TFT keys. And no Reforged is not RoC or TFT. But okay you can stay with 1.26 that is for you the best.
(I feel like I am mid in a DnD Edition war)

Paradox is doing it.

2 Likes

No the company. With Games like Stellaris, Europa Universalis, Crusador King or Battletech from the original creators going video game there you can official download every major patch from them if something of the newer changes is not to your enjoyment.

2 Likes

No they are famous for their Multiplayer part too.

It is easiliy available until 1.27b because until then they used stand alone patchers.
And EU IV has already nearly three dozen patches and Stellaris 18.

And we just ask to get at least the last patch available again.
Another reason why it is interessting, more balance patches and an additional item that whas released. May not be worth for it but you already have your favourite version and you sound like all the other should like it too.

Amen to this post

Who are you to determine what everyone should deem popular or not?

2 Likes

But you are doing illegal downloads from untrusted third parties. It’s a matter of trust. When you do that, you have a higher likelihood of getting a virus. We exist in a world where cyber security is difficult and sometimes incredibly important.

Last time I loaded Minecraft from Microsoft (and it has been a few years) they had a gigantic dropdown list with every version under the sun. These were all multiplayer versions. The point was thay if you join a server “that only plays Patch 1.2” then you have an easy dropdown in the Launcher app that lets you choose version 1.2 or any other version you want.

According to the first hit on Google search, Minecraft is very popular according to your definition:

Minecraft has since been ported to various platforms and become the best-selling video game of all time, with 200 million copies sold across all platforms and 126 million monthly active users as of 2020.
1 Like

What kinda crazy person would play 1.30 instead of 1.31?

1.31 has numerous issues. Stutter/lagspike and crash issues were widely reported for 1.31 and 1.31.1. Issues, that e.g. 1.30.4 doesn’t have.

UI customization? People have been successfully customizing the UI since like forever, though was more of a hassle, I guess.

And what “modding apis” does 1.31 have, that 1.30 doesn’t?

1 Like

But you are doing illegal downloads from untrusted third parties.

Downloading an older patch isn’t illegal if you use your own valid CD key. There are legal AND trustworthy Third Parties out there, where people share the older versions (Not talking about piracy).

Not to mention, that people like me for example, just had older versions saved in archives as backup. Still perfectly available and legal.

2 Likes

No. This is a Terms of Service violation. You are advocating users to violate the rules. Since 2002 the Terms of Service clearly stated that you are only permitted 1 additional copy of the game software for backup.

You are in violation. As per the 2002 EULA, Blizzard may require you to delete all of your custom maps at any time.

1. This is not 1 additional copy. This is the same copy with the same CD key and same account.
    EDIT: Also, 1 additional copy. Meaning you can have at least two different instances of the game.

2. 2002 EULA is no longer valid. Replaced with a newer one.

3. Blizzard cannot get me to remove any maps, or the game itself. The most they can do, is ban me from these forums.

2 Likes

But in the 2002 license agreements it says:

So, you’re not reading your agreement, it’s a part of what you agreed to in order to play the legacy game – Blizzard may at their discretion require you to delete all your custom maps.

Actually don’t think it says anything about only being allowed 1 archival or backup copy. Not in my legacy license anyway. You know what it does state though?

I would say that having an older version of the game counts as both “an important step in your utilization of the program” (when it comes to playing that specific version) and for “archival purposes”. By the way it says “archival copies” not “archival copy”, so that even suggests that more than 1 can be created.

The part you quoted actually says that “In such event, you must immediately destroy the Program and any New Materials.” Program meaning the whole game and new materials meaning custom maps. However:

1. That requires Blizzard to recognize your non-compliance and terminate the License Agreement.
  2. That part likely isn’t enforceable, or worth the trouble for that matter. At least not for those who own a legacy disc.

The only DRM they had in legacy was for battle.net. So they could ban you from playing battle.net or at least your current CD key, maybe forbid you from downloading a digital copy associated with that CD key from their website, but not from installing it from your disc, playing single player or making your own maps for personal use. It wouldn’t be worth it for them to try anyway because those things don’t hurt their sales or other users’ experience. Especially now with them not supporting legacy anymore and Reforged “replacing” it.

2 Likes

I agree it’s unlikely for them to release old patches, but I didn’t mean free copies of the whole game (although they did make classic Starcraft free to play). I mean the patchers that patch the game you have. They should already have them up to 1.27b, so they’d just have to put those up and make patchers for 1.28 - 1.31.1. But another way to do it would be to offer the full game versions only to people who registered a CD key.

I don’t know if any maps require 1.31 but I wasn’t saying that any do. I personally am not saying that 1.31 is the best. I’m fine with 1.27 for single player and think it’s less buggy than any future legacy patch. But some people may want 1.31 for anything it may have over past versions: 1.31.0 Patch Notes and 1.31.1 Patch Notes or simply because it’s the latest legacy version. Probably not many people benefit from this, but notably if you bought RoC but not TFT, you get TFT for free in 1.31. Although battle.net was disabled for RoC in 1.31, so I wonder if a custom battle.net server for RoC in 1.31 is even feasible.

I think a game selling a few or several million (under 10 million) could still be considered popular, at least for some consoles. But why does it matter if a game is popular or from one of the top few companies for this? That doesn’t mean that everything about the game is ideal. Likewise some niche games may actually have good features that popular games could use. If a game can sell 1-2 million or even less and still make profit, what’s wrong with that? It’d just be even more successful if it sold more.

1 Like

The 2002 EULA has been superseded a few times since then. The current EULA, which applies to the “Platform” which includes all games, went into effect in 2018.

The language of the 2002 EULA was relevant to a time when all media was physical, thus copying was a concern. The 2018 EULA, however, applies to a time when Bliz’s media is digital, which is essentially unlimited copies. As such, there’s no language that pertains to backups of the games in the modern EULA.

3 Likes

So, why are we giving this guy the time of day again? He’s a known Blizzard apologist.

2 Likes

More so to correct inaccuracies for anyone who might pass through.

2 Likes

Recently I’ve become more active in this game.
I quite like it.

1 Like
  • I too need the 1.31 back to be able to play custom campaigns properly.

Since I’m on Mac it’s rather hard to install this patch :<