Brian Sousa, reforged Lead Artist, resigns from Blizzard

Brian Sousa, reforged Lead Artist, resigned from Blizzard.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6600559084154470400/
https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpedia/2/27/Brian_Sousa.jpg

6 Likes

Uh oh. What might that mean?

It means either A; they hire a new guy that takes the art direction in a better way. or B; we’re fked

16 Likes

oh boy, oh man, here we go, dunno if I should be laughing or dropping to my knees and raising both hands towards the sky.

2 Likes

Why? When Did this happen?

To be honest leaving Blizzard would be the best decision anyone could make right now.

21 Likes

lol damson

Tim Morton left also … :confused:

Brian worked on Warcraft, Starcraft, Starcraft: Remastered, and Starcraft II.

Cool guy, I am curious why he left.

14 Likes

GG Blizzard.

11 Likes

this is in no way good, because it means that more and more people might consider blizzard a lost cause. that also affects their chances to hire new people. people do not want to work for a company that they consider doomed, unless they become the leader of the company that is.

12 Likes

Completely agree. People are walking out the door before the WC3: Reforged release party. Something extremely big has troubled them enough to decide to leave early.

As for hiring new people, do the best of the best still want to work for Blizzard? I am sceptical.

22 Likes

yeah, kinda suspicious that he leave even before wc3recut got release, something might happen behind this. and he even stated that he didnt have any real plan after leave from blizzard, so his resign must be internal problem.

8 Likes

Probably the latter.

2 Likes

I think he left because he was the guy who wanted reforged to look like the 2018 demo but the suits at blizzard wanted it to look like the beta, so he left.

28 Likes

Then why leaving after changing everything to what they wanted. Nah it’s weird, he could have left one year ago before changing reforged or he could have waited till the final release at least.

1 Like

Anyone want to bet that the preorder refunds have hit critical mass?

I mean, not only did they anger the newer crowd by not getting rid of old mechanics and not changing the Campaigns; they also irritated the purists with gnder-swapping and eliminating voice lines.

2 Likes

They angered everyone by making the beta looking like sh!t.

22 Likes

you might have a point there.

2 Likes

It is too much in the middle, pleases none of the crowds, looks and plays awful (looks like a 2010 game, but plays like a 1998 game)…

I think the pooch is screwed, all right!

2 Likes