Blizzard stole my friends, community and my favorite game

Few facts about me:

• I started play warcraft 3 somewhere in 2005.
  • I didn’t buy “Reforged”
  • I can’t download TFT.
  • I didn’t know nathink about “Reforged”
  • Now i hate a lot about “Regorged”
  • Today i lost my friends, community and my favorite game.

I don’t know why you did this, but you shouldn’t mix 2 different communities this way.
Blizzard if u want me to try this game, send me invite, but don’t destroy all my gaming life.

25 Likes

Forced to “reforge” wishing we could “unforge”

6 Likes

Might have to get a tattoo “unforged” remind me of one of the most devastating evenings of my life ^_-

I want my money back blizzard

Want a easy win here guys

cough Download ISOS of WAR3/TFT connect to custom bnet emulator server and you still got a better game than reforged lmao!

1 Like

oh not to mention LAN SUPPORT

How so? I am trying to log on to battle.net via TFT client and I get prompts for 1.32.0.14881 and then an error.

I fail to see the problem here. One downloads and installs Reforged and then plays with classic graphics together with players who may or may not be using Reforged graphics.

The reason it must download all Reforged assets is the World Editor needs to use them to allow map makers to verify their map looks reasonable when played with Reforged graphics. People who only intend to play classic still have to be able to do this so the maps they make are fully compatible.

My Warcraft III install automatically migrated to patch 1.32 (Reforged). It runs up like one would expect and plays like one would expect (with classic graphics). I do not own Rreforged and still can play custom maps online with people. Even old ones are being hosted no problem (outside some server teething issues).

1 Like

Sounds dumb to me…I just want to play original with my old homies.

1 Like

I can’t start the game I bought and paid for - I never signed away the license to this game.

Instead i get a prompt into reforged, which i was able to boot - but then almost immediately after i’m kicked out and told to buy reforged.

You should be able to just patch revert if you have the cd and an old patch still.

I won’t be able to do that, no CD drive on this PC

They make USB CD-rom drives now.

1 Like

ALSO I want to say LOL no ranked on release.

I only managed to play 1 game - then i attempted to access the campaign, but was unable to play any the missions - they would be “automatically lost” and send me to the debrief screen.

Then Versus became unavailable, so i tried restarting the game.

Now i can’t even get it to start without being told i need to buy the game again.

im just as sad as OP, i have been playing WC3 since release and it is my favorite game ever and seeing it get this kinda threatment just disgusts me and makes me angry, you should have let everything like it was pre 1.27 blizzard, your greediness did nothing but ruin an almost perfect game, shame on you all

3 Likes

Reread what he said. He didn’t say to connect to battle.net.

Wat?
15 or so characters

Which is basically Warcraft III 1.32 (Reforged). All of you can update. All of you can play together. Make private games if necessary.

The server latency issues may be solved in the future.

Please seek technical support. The game is meant to start without much effort. I can verify this as I had 0 difficulty with the migration.

It is possible that non-reforged owners need valid Warcraft III RoC CD Keys attached to their battlenet account to play. I am honestly not sure.

All new custom maps will not work on old versions. Some Warcraft III versions had serious compatibility issues with Windows 10.

One can be purchased in an external enclosure and connected via USB. They usually are the same size as an external hard disk.

Teething issues with the servers. Should be resolved by the weekend at latest.

Ruined in what way?

connecting to battlenet is how you play games with friends…

Of course all new custom maps will not work with old versions. No mapmaker scraps their old versions though, that’s stupid and irresponsible particularly for reasons like this. This is basically a non-issue.

Also i’m sure you can find a version that works in windows 10 and isn’t this one if you really care about it.

Are you still not reading what the guy said?

In particular you realize battle.net cannot be a “custom server” right?

Put 2 and 2 together he’s not gonna say anymore than that on an official forum.