Blizzard, please delay the game to 2020

The game is nowhere near ready to be released. All of these broken promises and cut content and even with the upcoming beta update that introduces Undead it still hardly resembles a proper beta.

You’re not going to make a 2019 release date unless you’re hugely cutting corners, and we as players all want the best game we can possibly get. I have been looking forward to Reforged all year, though now I’m faced with getting a fraction of the game I thought I was going to play.

Please do the right thing.

44 Likes

It is disgusting that they are cutting so much content just to comply with the 2019 deadline, with the excuse that this is “hearing the feedback of the community that did not want to alter the game”. As far as I know the original idea was to have the original campaign still playable, while allowing you to experience the updated story and voice acting if you wanted… So who exactly are you trying to please here, Blizzard?

21 Likes

All i want to have in this Reforged version was

• a Super in-game cutscens we saw last year.
  • Captain Falric, not some no-name captain in the Human Campaing
  • Anasterian fight with Arthas in quel’thalas
  • a proper cutscene where Lothar, Khadgar and Garona kill Medivh
  • etc.

About voice acting: Not all world is playing with english dub and i think in countries like germany, korea, china, brazil, spain, poland, france etc. they all will record a new dub for the game.

So why we can’t have this great looking new in-game cutscenes? Just why? Please give me a good, a very good reason why they do a old looking cutscens?

If i should wait for the new cutscenes a whole year it would be ok.

If some cry-baby players that are moaning “don’t change our game buu huu” they shuld get a free patch with new models for units, buildings and thats all.

The reforged version should have new cinematics and all that stuff that will connect W3, Books and WoW

12 Likes

They don’t necessarily cut corners in order to release the game this year. You say the game is nowhere near ready to be released, thought it most likely isn’t like that.

Undead is coming up, imediately after undead, Night elves are gonna hit beta. The fact we didn’t get all 4 races in the beta or the campaign doesn’t mean they aren’t almost done with them. Some aspects might be holding up a certain part of production, as in some few assets (voicelines, unit models, spells etc.) that don’t work perfectly just yet and the team want to make them properly.

1 Like

Well of course they did by reneging on their promises on what the Campaign was going to entail. It’s in general the shabby state of the beta less than 2 months removed from the end of the year that makes me seriously suspect this game is going to release in an unfinished state.

4 Likes

The corners that were cut are scrapping the modified campaign missions, voiceacting and cutscenes. Several people bought the game just because of these three points.

6 Likes

So, you are completely oblivious to all the rest issues with the game? What’s about the fact that the entire Twitch/Goodgame chats seem to despise it for some reason?

I feel insane because I mostly like the Reforged look (aside from animations and scaling)…

yea well speak for yourself. don’t use terms like “we as players” because you aren’t speaking for anyone else here.
i personally want the game out this year, as it has already been delayed several months (it was suppose to be out this summer).

“We as players” all want the best game we can possibly get. So you disagree with that assessment?

Asking for the game to be out this year is asking for an unfinished game. Period.

4 Likes

I agree the beta is not perfect, but we’re blindly shooting in the dark here. We don’t know what state the game really is in. The time left is short, I agree on this too, but again, we don’t know how “done” it is yet.

2 Likes

What? No, it wasn’t, stop spreading misinformation. The only thing they have delayed is Beta - and they only had hopes for it to have been out by spring.

1 Like

You can’t know that for sure. Besides, Blizzard’s internal build is farther along than the build we’re currently playing. They said as much at BlizzCon.

Then again you seem to be a bandwagon jumper.

3 Likes

I noticed a considerable amount of people preordered the game just for new stuff, but that’s not quite what Reforged is supposed to be. It’s supposed to be a remaster, an upgrade of sorts.

Sure, some new content is always welcome, but would these people be happy if they got the “cut content” post-release?

I personally will be satisfied, but I wait for the statement from blizzard about it because their future plans, for now, are very foggy.

1 Like

Yes, if we could at least get a “ modified campaign will come later”, sure that works. But as Minion said, they are pretty foggy regarding future content (aside from skins).

2 Likes

The only things we can do for now is make ourselves heard by using sound arguments and not bashing and to just wait till it comes out or we get new information.

1 Like

The campaign will be modified.

So far at least 8 campaign maps have been modified to better resemble locations from WoW. Anasterian’s model was datamined before the beta went live so clearly he’s still going to make it in, too, implying the lore character cameos are still a thing as a whole.

God forbid we dodge a bad writing bullet by not getting the expanded Jaina and Sylvanas coverage that would have seen the entire campaign re-voiced. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Alright, @Anteiku, I thought you to be a responsible and reasonable person, but you have just opened a thread duplicate of this one. I kindly ask you to stop or you’re no better than Blizzard.

2 Likes

You thought the people who only bought a glorified remaster because it “promised” bad writing were reasonable?

1. They are campaign players. One of the three pillars of the game.
  2. That writing might not have been bad.
  3. Even if it had been bad, so what?
  4. I’m unironically against feminist messages, but I was still looking forward to the changes because: 1) not all of the changes would’ve been feminist; 2) it would’ve been funny looking at the trash fire of butchering WC3.
1 Like