Blizzard cancelling the new voice lines is the best thing to happen to this game

The thought that they were going try and jam some terrible WoW lore into this game was almost enough to ruin it for me. I can’t express my relief knowing that they dropped it.

People complaining about it need to get a grip. MMO backdrop lore has no place in a story driven game.

19 Likes

On the hand I am bummed out about the lack of a “Reforged” campaign.

On the other hand I am glad that I still get to hear Arthas’ old voice actor.

But I am still angry that no cutscenes are being made into cinematics.

22 Likes

Well at no point they had plans to make cutscenes into CGI cinematics if thats what you mean…

But ofc what they did plan to originally do was to really redo the cutscenes in way that was much more “cinematic” as in Stratholme demo, so yes its indeed big shame that they decided to scrap that…

But like I said before, I think that decision ultimately then lead to scrapping of lore additions and new voice acting as well, when they realized that they would not have the time or the resources available for them to remake all the cutscenes like that, let alone add more lore stuff to them.

3 Likes

WoW turned the WarCraft Universe into a mess. Really makes me wonder whats in store for WarCraft 4, if we ever get WC4.
Im totally fine with reconning the WoW bits and just reforging WC3.

13 Likes

WOW is to WC3 what SUPER is to DBZ

5 Likes

Wow. I over 9000% agree with this.

6 Likes

I would have liked to see both an unaltered campaign and a retconned campaign available tbh, would have been cool to have something new to experience as well as the classic nostalgia.

14 Likes

What is the difference if they simple give a Classic unaltered campaign and a Reforged campaign?

You don’t need them to stop anything, even their retarded unit redesign and gender swap, as they just need to give the players the option to use the classic campaign/design/voices and literally everyone can be happy playing the way he wants.

14 Likes

Y’all know that the datamined campaign screen had a toggle between a classic and reforged version, right? Any new stuff would’ve been optional.

3 Likes

i said this million times but i don’t mind saying it again.

We do NOT want anything related to WoW storyline, especially changing our favourite campaign only to “fit WoW storyline better”.

This community has been ignored for so many years, and thats perfectly fine…
But at least after 20 years we don’t need someone to piss on us.

Thats as preety much all we want.
Don’t love us, don’t touch us, but at least, don’t piss in our face.

10 Likes

We will likely not get a WC3 ever.

TheQuartering goes over this. The RTS devs have all-but-left Blizzard, all the old guard is gone. There is very few people who remain who worked on the RTS games, and I don’t think many people have much faith in Blizzard hiring a completely new team of RTS devs to take on a WC4. Even the creative heads like Metzen are gone, so that means whatever WC4 will be would be an extension of WoW anyways.

The only way I see it happening is if they treat WC4 as a niche series and do what Sega did with Sonic Mania - hire a bunch of know-it-all fans to do it right and release it as a smaller game rather than some big triple-AAA game.

3 Likes

New generations come everywhere… No one thought we would enjoy football after Ronaldinho retired, but yet, here we are… New faces show up

1 Like

Yeah but WoW is the new face.

Do you like WoW story to be used in WC4?

I would rather not have WC4 at all.

3 Likes

Ofc no… And it will not be…
Either they will make wc4 with new lore, or they won’t make it at all.

They can make 2 different stories, but they surely won’t make same story in 2 genres… Especially cause most of wc3 ppl play WoW or did play it, while not too many people from WoW will be interested in RTS

That’s the problem with any WC4.

Without old guard to represent what a true WC4 would be, it would only be made by Executive Producers who say ‘WoW is popular, lets make more of it in RTS form’. Just like Hearthstone, it only uses Warcraft but is not really Warcraft at all, it is just whatever weird characters they want to make. It’s not really Warcraft.

And WC4 would be more like WoW than WC3 if we are talking about any future for the series. We already see this with many of Reforged’s model changes.

1 Like

Wrong… Especially since for example Metzen had his hands in many of the Blizzards WoW expansions… So he was also part of the butchering…

So i think it doesn’t mean anything that the “old guards have left”.
Au contraire my friend… Imagine someone from this forum actually being one to be recruited… It might be a game changer once again… only this time to a good side

Au contraire my friend… Imagine someone from this forum actually being one to be recruited… It might be a game changer once again… only this time to a good side

You mean like people who want Naga and Demons added?

I have little faith in the people in the forums too. As much as people say a WC4 continuing after WC3 would be best, I have seen absolutely no one come forward with an idea that sounded good.

Even if Arthas built an army and fought Sargeras himself, it would be a very ‘fan fiction’ story rather than be considered a true WC4. I mean people here can already make their own post WC3 campaign through mapping - are there any out there worthy of being called a true WC4? Is it even possible?

1 Like

You do understand OP that you still had the old campaign safe in the old game right? Then you also got a modified campaign that would be extra content instead of a complete reproduction of something YOU ALREADY HAD! Not only that they could have added 2 campaigns, one where only the models where switched(really easy to do) and another that was actually reforged with new stuff instead of the stuff I already done 3 or 4 times by now.
Instead because of people like the OP Blizzard found the perfect excuse to cut corners and save money by declaring “they are listening to the fans”.

8 Likes

I agree, Dan.

1 Like

We did. It’s WoW.

4 Likes