Blizzard cancelling the new voice lines is the best thing to happen to this game

It wouldn’t have removed or replaced anything that already hasn’t been altered in some way as early as 2004.

I think you would’ve been fine.

8 Likes

I, too, love getting content removed. I mean, I don’t have a Game Design Degree or anything like that, but if I was in the boardroom and heard feedback that people wanted old voice actors, what I’d do is create 3 different campaigns:

1. Classic Campaign: Original campaign, nothing changed. Old graphics.
  2. Enhanced Campaign: Same campaign, but with new graphics.
  3. Reforged Campaign: Reworked campaign, new voice acting, redesigned areas, new/reworked cutcenes, new characters.

Since 1 & 2 literally costs $0 to make (since Classic already exists, and Enhanced would just use the new models that Blizz is making anyways), that way literally everyone is happy.

I could use some quip and say, “all of that would require effort though, and Blizzard is lazy!” but it literally did NOT require any more effort than they initially set out to do. They literally scrapped what they were doing to make things easier, and in the process, piss people off.

So, I guess I’ll just say: all of that would require having half a brain, and Blizzard is incredibly moronic.

9 Likes

I disagree. WoW lore has many interesting bits and they can be used to expand Warcraft 3 story. The thing is that it has to fit.

Giving Anasterian would not harm Warcraft 3 but giving Golden opportunity to whitewash night elves and make Grom an aggressor is dangerous. I think they can make good “reforged” campaign if they try not to retcon. However, I would love if they made something about Suramar and Maiev looking stupid. I guess, saying that the bubble made it invisible is the best.

9 Likes

Exacly. Retcon is not always a bad thing. If Expand what we know is a good thing (the battle vs anasterian/Dar’khan who is the real responsible for let Arthas win etc).

Look Shadowland “Sylvanas was planning this from post Wrath and only now you see the result” and the best is “Yes, Kil’jaden create the lich king. But where he find the crown and the sword? You will see in shadowland where you find the real smith and the forge”. Here, this is stupid. All the lore of the lich king can now be destroy with a though. Because if kil’jaden (The Nathrezim actually) is not the creator of the sword and the helm how the heck the Nathrezim can survive the soul trapping effect of frostmourne. In the old lore they actually say “the Nathrezim are smart and enchanted the blade so they survive if hit by it”. Now if they are not the creator Mal’ganis should be dead in Wc3 and te fact that in wrath you find him is stupid.

3 Likes

It is possible that they forged it in Shadowlands or they were in Shadowlands at the time when it was forged. If so, it is possible that they enchanted it anyway. Also, it is still possible that Kil’jaeden’s spellwork was essential to create the Lich King.

Nope, because bolvar even without the elm and frostmourne is still the lich king and by what blizz say “still have some of the lich king power” HOW?.

The problem is that the player will be the first living being that enter the shadowland. So is not possible that Kil’jaden or Demon enter it. Or someone let them take this artifact outside the realm of the dead (and them some will ask, why he will do that?). And now that they state “no, Bolvar when he said “jailor of the damned” is state the army of the shadowland no lt the scourge in azeroth”. Is stupid. So the lich king is created for what? Protect the shadowland? Dafuq blizz

Kil’jaeden and demons are not mortals so they might not count.

Actually when they die the go to the twisting nerher and when they are killed there they become “energy” so other demons could emerge. If they made possibile for the Demon to enter the shadowland the retcon all we know about them. Or maybe they Q&A at blizzcon was crap

We? You don’t speak for everyone, I want the voices and the fusion with the WoW lore. You want to impose your taste for something that is already in the Classic and you are Blizzard’s excuse of trimming content, it feels great huh ?. The solution to your problem was to import the new models into the old graphics engine. Let many who share my opinion enjoy a REFORGED not a simple remastering that was what Blizzard originally promised.

5 Likes

They didn’t add naga even in WoW so… didn’t really wanna go that deep into that theory.

I’ve heard few ideas that were preety solid… Ofc needs a bit more work on them, but it surely would be way to go… and trust me, it was waaaaay better than WoW lore.

Thank God they listened to fans, unlike people like you who don’t give a damn about anything.
I would trade your filthy brain damaged WoW lore campaign for a low cost cutscene in Reforged any time of the day.

I am first when it comes to bashing Blizzard, but this is actually first time they did the right move by moving that crap out of our sight.

Get lost punk… Go on WoW forums then, and quit wasting our time.

No we would not be fine… Go play WoW

Well… it seems i and many people who think the same way are the majority…
Go to WoW forums and play WoW if you enjoy it so much… We don’t need you to come ruin yet another game here.

You are not many, you are minority

1 Like

Do you think I really love WoW? Three of my favorite characters were destroyed in TBC, and now with imperative tone you tell me to play WoW? Stop imagining that you can be right about people. Blizzard I can’t believe you pay attention to such complaining orders and now this game doesn’t justify its price. Bravo¡

5 Likes

Before trampling on the opinion of others, you should ask loudly that the classic campaign can be selected in Reforged in that way as much as the new campaign and the classic campaign could coexist without having to run over people’s opinions and especially the decision of the company, but it takes less than a month for the game to be released and many things look bad.

2 Likes

Like you, I don’t enjoy WoW. As I said my fav characters: Kaelthas, Akama, Illidan, they were discarded and that really hurt because in WC3 they promised so much, but the difference between us is that I already overcome my childhood time and contradictory to what you say I do not cry for the change they wanted to make in WC3 R the reason why I am outraged is that in your opinions I only find an unjustified complaint and always try to put aside the opinions of others, but I see that you enjoy it and the saddest thing is that Blizzard is justified in you. Wasn’t it easier to ask that campaigns coexist instead of ruining the content regardless of the preference of others?

5 Likes

It would be a beginning of a downfall.
If they are to make new campaign they should make it good, non related to WoW trash…
As simple as that.
I couldn’t care less about them tossing off years of writing and books, if it were good, they wouldn’t have to.

People lean on their own mistakes

1 Like

Go be less bothered about optional, additional content that doesn’t take away from the original experience because anything it replaces/removes is just narrative elements that have been adjusted as far back as 15 years ago - an additional and modern campaign just re-demonstrating said adjustments.

8 Likes

That’s why they could enter. As they were above dying, they could have entered it by portal, just like death knights sometimes do.

I hope they give us some info in 8.3 with new Bolvar and Darion questline

3 Likes

It is impossible to convince some idiots that in original plans there was a switch between campaigns. And now we lose content.

5 Likes

Like. Reforged even comes with Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne keys if you don’t have them. The original campaigns aren’t going anywhere.

3 Likes

I know. This is sad. Purists should go away to play their classic version.

7 Likes