Being brainless fan of old lore is stupid

Yes, to you it will be horrible.

And I will drink your tears.

I looked forward to new cutscenes too, but seeing how unhappy this makes you makes me feel a lot better about keeping the originals.

1 Like

Just look at this…In What way the left one is better and more emotional?

It’s the original Warcraft 3, as people remember and love it.

And the majority have spoken. In what way do you not understand how people feel about this?

You could play Warcraft 2 on GOG too. It has nothing remade about it. Not a remaster. And everyone new to it could have the same new experience as anyone else. It doesn’t need to be modernized to have emotional connections.

2 Likes

Thing can’t be perfect just because it’s original,It’s dumb
You have no real arguments why this is better,you are just a blind duck

Don’t agree - The first two games are horrible

There ARE no real arguments to why it is better.

‘Better’ is an opinion.

Let’s use an example. You think Red is better than Blue. You ask me how Blue is better. No matter what answer I give, it will not change your opinion because you already prefer Red over Blue. There is no objective answer to this.

The sky is blue. Water is blue. Blueberries are blue. If you like none of these, then this is not the answer you will want, right?

And this is the funny thing - You are saying Blue is horrible, but you are looking forward to Blue 2.0 expecting it to be Red. Good luck.

2 Likes

But I’m not the one who forced devs to paint THEIR house Blue,while they was looking forward to make it Purple (Aka Red AND Blue)

No, you didn’t force the devs to paint THEIR house blue.

The house was ALWAYS blue, and the Devs chose to keep it that way.

And here you are complaining that the house is being re-painted Blue, as it always was.

“We’ve decided that this house would be better if we add something new. The blue was good but it’s time to paint it in Purple”
“No,If you will paint it even slightly purplr I will burn it,I hate red and if this color is gonna be slightly close to red - I will burn it all down”
“B-But it’s m-my house!”
. . . .
“O-O-oKay,just don’t burn it please!”

You’re for some reason,not even okay if they will left you a blue room inside,where you can always hang out and remember the time when it was blue for your stupid nostalgia

Even if they will left a purple props inside blue house - You will break it cause you don’t want to see it

Why should someone shift their point of view on a mostly subjective thing when the other side of the conversation isn’t even temporarily budging on something to understand where that other side is coming from?

1 Like

Keep in mind that while I like the game to be kept close to the original, I am not a Purist myself. I would love to see new cutscenes, I honestly don’t mind or am not bothered by the new voicing, and I’m fine with the new updates that Reforged has been given.

But let us be clear - You are legitimately asking me why anyone would prefer the originals. And I am answering your question. I am not giving you my opinion. I am answering what you are asking, I am being fair to the people you are wishing did not exist.

It is dishonest of you to pretend that nothing has changed as well. Plenty HAS changed, and yet even people like me who like the original will have to deal with changes like Malfurion having wings, Grom not having his black jaw and the new Hippogryph model that looks like a parrot.

The bottom line is this - We will only get what Blizzard provides, regardless of what feedback influenced their decisions. If you lose out on something you like, then you gotta deal with that. Blizzard certainly has.

I’ve already given you plenty of reasoning why Blizzard thinks bad cutscenes are better. I made it clear to you. They don’t think it’s better - they ran out of time trying to make it better. They have no time so they scrapped it and used an excuse - saying Purists wanted it. And you believed their lies.

In my opinion, you are the one being fooled here. We all are being played as fools.

If there’s any reason to cut the cutscenes, it’s the lack of time.

You have not once considered that Blizzard could be lying to your face. That the development has been pushed back because they couldn’t finish everything on time. That it takes months and months of work to get everything revoiced, AND THEN start syncing up new voice lines to cutscenes that have lips matching the voices. In all languages.

I don’t think you took one second to consider how much work it would have taken, and why Blizzard is choosing to change direction. You just see their lies, and you believe it.

And we know Blizzard lies. We have seen it many times already. They say they are not working on Demon Hunter, then we get a Demon Hunter. They say they will not make Classic, and then they make Classic. They show you new reforged Cutscenes, then they take it away. What is different now than before? You act as though they would never lie to your face.

Honestly I am here with Triceron. While the one on the right looks way better. The emotional feeling I get from the original one. Mostly because I grew up with it and mayby another part of it is the camara angle the and the cutting. With this new fast cutting it feels way to hectic while on the original you felt like an observer from afar, mayby with a cristal ball watching it.

I need now to honestly disagree.
First the got remastered because Blizzard made the graphic in high resolution and added a modern system support.
But while your statement may be true about Warcraft II which has it charme with it own drawn graphic, Warcraft I badly need a remake because a the controls are horible, b most of the human campaing is uncanonic but those few canonic events are not marked and c it got no translation.

1 Like

In the case of Warcraft 1, I would agree.

The limitations of the original were too severe, and it’s nigh unplayable. But I actually wouldn’t mind a remake of it since it doesn’t really harm any significant audience, and the originals would always be there to be played on GoG anyways.

And TBH, that’s where custom maps come in for me. They fill in the blanks for what Blizzard has not been urged to do.

2 Likes

Other than the graphics, the original is superior in almost every conceivable way. The scene is darker and more atmospheric. The rain enhances the drama of the scene. Arthas makes his pronouncement upon a hill, making it both more dramatic and giving the viewer a proper sense that Arthas is addressing not only Uther, but his entire company as well. The wider camera shots show that the matter at hand concerns everyone, not just Arthas, Uther, and Jaina.

The Reforged scene, by contrast, is shot almost entirely in close-ups of three characters, making the viewer forget that there are even other people involved at all. Arthas only addresses Uther the entire time. When he makes his pronouncement, it looks like it’s part of a personal conversation rather than an official declaration; like, how can Uther’s knights even hear that pronouncement from 50 meters away? Arthas says the villagers “look fine now” and the camera cuts to the villagers coughing and clutching their stomachs, lol. Reforged version fails to take advantage of the environment to enhance the drama of the scene; it’s broad daylight and the army is pushed to the far background and is barely visible. Arthas, Uther, and Jaina addressing only each other in a private conversation for this particular scene makes it feel like a cheesy soap opera.

2 Likes

That’s how democracy work: majority>Minority

The majority get what they want. Minority can’t do anithing about that.

But we are talking about majority so if 100 is made from 70 purist and 30 new guy the 70 purist will be happy and only 30 new guy will be not.

Here’s what we lost and here’s what I meant by saying that new ones are potentialy more emotional.

Seeing this would be far more emotional and epic than watch two models from a far,with only different animation sets

Yeah for this scene it is way better. Mayby the should have used this for Blizzcon instead of Stratholme which whas bad designe.

The Culling is one of the most iconic Moments not only in Warcraft III but in History of WoW. It makes sence why they choose this specific mission as advertisment

Yeah exactly. That is something so important that if done wrong could way more damage then good. Best example is announcing a mobile game when the fans want a pc game.

If purists shut up after Blizzcon or jusr asked to CHANGE cutscenes,not scrapped them,we could get an amazing cutscenes like the one I show you