Being brainless fan of old lore is stupid

Seems like we have found the root of the problem.

Balnazzard: Argues with facts and examples and well written reasoning.

You: Argues with I hate this and I hate that, and I hate purists. Your opinion is bad and I will defend Blizzard and Activision.
When that fails I will play the politics and whatever current event card I can use to try to justify my ridiculous argument has anything other to do with the fact I am a WoW fanboy and I want to see Saurfang + WoW friends magically inserting themselves into Warcraft 3.

You will likely play the campaign once and ragequit.

However Balnazzard + the well reasoned Warcraft 3 fans will keep playing for another 17 years.
We can see the potential in this game, and the fact they are not changing our beloved campaign regardless of the reasoning is the correct decision for the Warcraft RTS scene.

6 Likes

Well perhaps not quite 17 years ;D But long time anyhow especially if the multiplayer community stays active. And like said I would be open to the idea/support entirely new campaigns as long as Blizzard would make sure the production values are there. But ye some of us just have different view on the matters what Reforged should be/what it even was in the first place.

Some of us just wanted fateful re-recreation/visual remaster of the original game, others expected full blown remake and unfortunately for the latter group thats something this was never truly about. Still if they ever want to see more Warcraft in RTS form, they should support the game, cause the more commercially succesfull Reforged would be, the more likely (atleast bit more likely) it would be that we get more Warcraft in RTS form somewhere down the line.

2 Likes

Yes, I am not acting like I don’t play other games either.

But I always find myself back on Warcraft 3 for extended periods throughout the year.
It’s a gem among a thousand of bad games, at least for me.
Custom games are always changing which keeps it fresh, and it’s always good to try and win some melee matches to test yourself :slight_smile:

But I will be honest, I really doubt we will ever see Warcraft 4. For the simple reason that is clearly obvious from this forum over the past month or two.
Half of the fanbase both want something different.
Therefore it will become an impossible task to meet expectations.
Much like we are seeing right now.

And in that situation it’s better to just NOT try it.

That is why it’s vital that Reforged is a success, otherwise the RTS side of Warcraft would have dissappeared eventually. :wink:

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is the old content will still be entirely accessible.

Yet still a canon entry in the series.

It’s probably partly feedback and partly people at the top of the food chain at Blizzard going “don’t waste your time on this”.

2 Likes

Yes and all in one client. So the player are not divided. So there are not “Classic player” and “Reforged player”. We all play reforged because Wc3 will be shut down. So every discussion when people say “I stay in Classic” is stupid because they can’t

Have no idea where you got this from.

Nowhere is it stated that Classic Warcraft 3 will be shut down.

They give you a copy of TFT when you buy Reforged, and have consistently stated that Reforged will work alongside the classic game.
The game is sharing the same engine, and working within the limitations of it, so that It will work alongside classic Wc3.

^ If they were shutting it down, what would be the point of using the old engine?
And all limitations that came with it?

1 Like

According to datamining, the plan was to give players both options. I guess purists would be insulted just by existence of alternative.

6 Likes

Datamining.

Reforged will have inside him all the Classic campaign + the reforged one.

You will have the new skin but even the option to the the old one.

Datamining are showing even Female DH in the old grafich so is pretty clear that reforged will have everything.

There is no meaning in keep Wc3 up if reforged have all inside him.

You will have free copy of RoC and TFT so you can play it in the new Reforged client and if you like you “buy” reforged and play the new campaign (new for the 8 map with new geografy, better skin etc). But all of us even if you don’t buy reforged we still be able to open the client in battle net because it will replace the old client.

This is what datamining said. And I guess have pretty much sense.

2 Likes

Sorry but It doesn’t make sense to close classic Warcraft 3.

And it sounds more like a theory you have come up with rather than anything that has been officialy stated.

All evidence I have seen thus far has been that both Reforged (optional purchase) and Classic, will work alongside one another.

2 Likes

They aren’t closing it - You’ll always be able to launch Classic through BattleNet,just like SC: Remastered can always run Classic,or WoW can always run Classic

3 Likes

But classic is not on the launcher. Only Reforged is.

You have to go to the website to download the classic game, enter your CD-Key and go from there.

So you are both talking about speculation on what you think might happen, which is directly opposite to what Blizzard has been saying all along.

The swap button, is for campaign.
Swapping between Classic campaign and Reforged campaign.
So if you are within Reforged you can play either.

But you would still need to be using the old game client to play Multiplayer, custom maps and everything else. (If you do not buy Reforged and continue to use the old client).

You know why? Because the game hasn’t oficially came out yet! Damn,even not all of us has acces to the Beta!
When the game will came out - this option will be added like SC:R,It’s obvious

EDIT: The game isn’t even called “Warcraft III Reforged” in the Launcher,It’s Called just Warcraft III!

EDIT: The game was made by the same people who create SC:R,so it will have the same option to play classic

1 Like

And yet you can clearly still download the original game client in:
https://www.blizzard.com/en-gb/download/
(might need to change the link for your country).

It’s listed under Classic games alongside:

Diablo 2
Diablo 2: LoD
Starcraft Anthology
Warcraft 3: RoC
Warcraft 3: TFT
Warcraft 3: Public Test Realm

Since you can still download the original Starcraft here (Anthology) and play it, just because it’s also in the BNet launcher doesnt mean that classic will be unused or shut down…

1 Like

Y’know, they might be referring to how they shut down Battle net support for RoC - that’s the only thing that comes to mind with the words “shut down” and “classic”.

1 Like

Because the game isn’t came out yet,and the only working option we have - Is play Beta Test
Also,you can even see in-game option to switch to Warcraft III

1 Like

Then I would say until the game is released, and we know for sure with a statement from the game company or news article. That this decision was taken, then maybe refrain from spreading speculation as fact.

This is merely what I meant :stuck_out_tongue:

“HD Content” option in the menu…

New lore of warcraft in wow is ruined, so we’re sticking to old lore which is objectively better.

3 Likes

I mean you’re sticking with the old iteration but in the series as a whole, there’s aspects of it that have been retconned or changed with the modern (correct) canon.

5 Likes

On the one hand I would agree. It’s silly to cling to old lore and this applies to many things beyond Warcraft-Star Wars lore dudes, Game of thrones lore dudes, history buffs, Call of Chtulu wierdos, old Testament/traditionalist people, etc.

The problem is that the new lore/storytelling often sucks. Writers nowadays utilize gimmicks to stand out, pandering, or rely on tropes when the going gets tough. George RR Martin is an old school writer really. Look at what happened once dumb and dumber had no script to go on-Seasons 5-8 were not so great. Heck, look at the new Star Wars films. Aside from Rogue One, they’re poorly written (even if you enjoyed them you can still acknowledge the inferior character development and contrived situations).

TLDR: new lore will be badly written and lack inspiration

1 Like