Being brainless fan of old lore is stupid

Technically won’t it be you “Melee is why this game is played” people be the ones to play the campaign once and never touch it again? Why should those of us who do actually play the campaign more than once not get more out of it? It’s you people that don’t actually even care about the campaign. You just don’t want changes/additions, because reasons.

1 Like

2 days late to reply to this my friend…

And once again another guy ASSUMING what I am thinking based on one statement.

Who the hell said anything about not caring about the campaign?
Warcraft 3 campaign was a staple of my childhood and I have fond memories of playing it many many times growing up.
It taught me how to enjoy my favourite game in multiplayer and I learnt how all of the other races worked by getting a chance to play them in those missions.

If not for the campaign I probably would have just picked my favourite and not bothered to try to understand the new ones (like a stubborn kid at the time).

Are you telling me this guys argument was NOT doing exactly as I said?

I simply don’t like the idea of going back to the roots of Warcraft and changing the story in any way, as in my eyes and clearly since the feedback is ‘divisive’ according to Pete Stilwell.
Many others share my opinion that the current campaign we have is great and making any changes to it risks ruining something that is not broken and does not require fixing.

You are already getting new models, new animations for said models.
They will be using new camera angles, and making changes to maps like Dalaran, Silvermoon and Stratholme.

Literally ALL that will be missing is the extreme zooming in style of the demo when people like Arthas and Uther talk to eachother.
And we will be sticking to the older voice lines. Which quite frankly are far superior to current voice actors in WoW.

Many of the other changes would not make sense and following the way an MMORPG deals with its characters to create boss fights out of thin air every expansion, simply does not work in an RTS.

If a character like Muradin dies. I want him to stay dead thank you. Why? Because it has IMPACT.
If you keep going and telling everyone “don’t worry friends they just return later down the line”. It’s ridiculous.

I could give many more examples.
But clearly your just going to find one sentance to pick up on instead of the rest of the post that goes with it.

1 Like

First - Old Style cutscenes sucks and needs to be fully animated like Stratholme
And yet - This story is out-dated and less emotional - I want it to be much more serious and interesting for the player - in that way it must be closw to novels,and I’m not talking about Muradin - I’m ralking about better character development scenes

1 Like

The game was made before the novels.

Stop trying to get PAST events changed.
This game has been standing for 17 years and has no need for it.

This was only ever going to be a remaster with enhancements to the map editor and new UI/unit models. Get over it!

You are literally 12 months too late to be asking for all the things you are asking for.

Where were you when the game was announced and all of those discussions were being had on this forum?

They literally listened to player feedback and decided that many of them did not like the direction they went in with the stratholme demo.

When a company announces and apologises publicly on stage, it’s a pretty big deal.
They would have come to a well thought out conclusion and found the best way forward before ever considering talking about it on stage.

Your complaints are too late Mpak.

3 Likes

Tell you what - This forum wasn’t even EXIST that long
All of this changes was promised to us and now all of this! EVEN THE GRAPHICS ARE SCRAPPED!

1 Like

Yes because they removed the Classic Warcraft 3 forum to make a Reforged forum. Duh?

They made this forum when they announced Reforged.

They never made any ‘promises’. They had a development plan.
They announced their plans, and then their plans changed.

Again I repeat Get Over It!

1 Like

I am not МракоРыцарь, but i can answer. At Blizzcon 2018, it was promised exactly what we - those who want change - wanted. Modified cutscenes in the style shown on Blizzcon. Changing campaigns for modern lore, new dialogs, new voice acting. Therefore, we pre-ordered the game. We had no reason to be indignant or to ask for something. After that there was a whole year of silence and suddenly all these promised changes were canceled.

1 Like

And that’s why all of this was in the official ads on site all this year? They didn’t even warned us…They didn’t ask us…I was hoping that we’re both gonna have an awesome game - old fans will play the old campaing and new + old that wants changes are gonna play more canon version…But now the game is scrapped visually,all that we were waiting for was scrapped and we didn’t even knew about it before it’s too late and it’s…Really hurt

1 Like

You guys don’t even take the time to LOOK at our side of the argument.
You are completely blinded by your own thought process.

Go and read those posts.

Is it anyone but your own fault that you are thinking that Blizzard broke some sort of promise? Companies DO NOT I repeat DO NOT make promises.
They show you a development plan.
If they make a promise and then do not deliver, guess what the lawyers come knocking.

Im sorry you all seem to feel like they went back on this illusionary promise. But in reality its completely false to say so.

You are going about it all the wrong way.
If you want NEW things, ask for new expansions to be added LATER.

OR maybe discuss the fact that Warcraft 4 might be a good idea.

This is a remaster of an old game.
You don’t just go and rip something apart that has a fanbase for 17 years and start “doctoring” parts of it because a brand new fanbase from WoW would like that.

I repeat ask for new expansions and if you get enough traction maybe they will add them.
But don’t expect an old game to be changed to match your false expectations and was never what was advertised to begin with.

1 Like

Wrong,Christie Golden (AKA Reforged main writer and also the creator of the novels) told us that there will be more character development,scenes from the novels and even new missions (For example - Sylvanas trying to find her own corpse to fuse with)
What’s the problem with having an option to choose if you want changes? (Not new expansions - Changes…Better storytelling,character development,dialogues

1 Like

You didnt even take the time to read my posts properly and gauge how many people share the same opinion.

I will repeat one final time for you.

Pete Stilwell himself said in the Reforged Deep Dive interview.
That the feedback they received when fans got their hands on the Demo in 2018 was that many didn’t like it.

They had some people saying they did, and others who didn’t want them to change their game.

Based on that fact they “dialed back some of the changes”.
And if you listen to what was actually said, they pretty much confirm the only thing missing would be the new “style of cutscene”, the new animations and camera angles will still be there. The map is still designed to look more like WoW in key place like Dalaran, Silvermoon and Stratholme.

They just won’t be giving it “the culling treatment as they call it in the office”.

I have replied enough, I have provided you with all of your evidence.

If you can’t google and find the interview yourself, well that is too bad.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

But also we didn’t get:

• Good Graphics
  • Good Camera Angles
  • Good Dialogues
  • Good Retcons
  • Good Music
  • Good UI
  • Story
  • New Missions to old Campain

And with that you are just another idiotic WoW fan and I don’t want to waste my time with you anymore…

Show some damn respect for the game that was responsible for WoW in the first place.

2 Likes

I have never played WoW,I’m Warcraft player but I know that Downgrading game is bad!

Have you seen how bad the graphics are compare to Demo? Or how cutscenes suck compare to Stratholme ones?

sighs here comes mor winny whinny

next

I don’t even play WoW and it’s just sad that there are so many purists who are terrified of the mere existence of a second Reforged campaign instead of having both Classic and “New” campaign in Reforged graphics to appease both purists and WoW fanboys.

Gatekeeping much?

But why do you feel the need to change the past events to meet this new expectation?

Ask them to develop a new expansion.
Don’t go back and change missions and events that have been one way for 17 years to achieve it.

Many people like the old campaign and the way it was portrayed and don’t want the events to be changed. Why is that also so hard to understand?

We are not always against NEW things.
In my case I would be very upset if they changed the old one, just because WoW fans want to see new events.

Nowhere did I say change; I literally said second “Reforged” campaign because IIRC there was a leaked campaign pic where you could choose between old Classic campaign and new Reforged campaign - both in Reforged grapics

And as I said: that way both the old fans and the WoW fanboys will be both happy.

I’m still betting my $40 that hopefully they make an update soon about releasing a second “Reforged” campaign even if it takes them 2 years

But you dont seem to understand.
The current Warcraft 3 campaign is already a universal success.

It is remembered fondly by anyone who played it and still plays it to this day.
There is literally NO NEED AT ALL to go and change any aspect of it.

If you change or add things to the original missions, change voices, change how events are played out on the screen.

THAT is how Reforged will be remembered.
And Reforged is carrying the weight of Warcraft 3’s legacy on it’s shoulders.

If the current Blizzard storytellers (which are universally considered to be terrible by many fans), run amuck on Warcraft 3’s current campaign they are likely to destroy that legacy.

And if you ever want the prospect of new expansions being added, or possibly even a Warcraft 4 one day.
This game needs to be received well!

So the choice is pretty simple at least in my eyes:

Play it safe and stay true to Warcraft (which we KNOW people love already).
OR
Change the campaign and add new events into it etc
And risk it messing with an already great campaigns legacy.

17 years this story has been told the same.
If you change it now in my eyes and a lot of peoples (clearly as Blizzard took that step back) you are taking far far too many unnecessary risks.

If you lot can’t see that - well that is too bad.
But Activision Blizzard ultimately makes the decisions and they made it already.