As a shareholder, I would like to thank all that whiners for cheap stocks I just bought

Well, jokes aside - do you have any source? The graphics have been degraded - because it is an unfinished beta version. The BlizzCon demo was running on StarCraft 2 engine, as said in the famous streamer’s video that’s linked by so many whiners. As you might have guessed, they are working to bring that engine changes to the Warcraft 3 engine. Since it’s a beta version - it is NOT FINISHED. There is still work to be done concerning the graphics. But Blizzard still wants a smooth multiplayer experience on launch day - and that’s why they launched open beta. They want multiplayer features to be tested by casual users. They want multiplayer features to be stressed by multiplayer features. So, on launch day, there will be no unpleasant surprises of ladder crashing or improperly calculating ratings.

Hold on with judging that models and graphics. They are nothing but placeholders made to let you test server performance.

By the way, as a software engineer, I believe that the models and textures are already done, and all that’s needed to fix the graphics, is the code. A few shaders to fix, and it’s ready to be deployed. First week of December as release sounds more reasonable than you think…

8 Likes

Yeah, keep telling you that.
Amazing how some people believes that they gonna improve that awful graphics in less than a month. How hard is to admit that they lied?
They don’t even change the UI, this is nothing but a simple graphic mod.

And on what concern to multiplayer, they don’t even have the ladder on launch, so that’s just another promise they don’t deliver on time.

10 Likes

Some people are really going to have a shock when the game releases and its going to look the same…

12 Likes

Wishful thinking aside, I’m pretty sure the demo was not run on the sc2 engine, the pathing made that very clear.

14 Likes

do you have any proof blizz didnt pay you?

8 Likes

I have 100% absolute proof insider information that the demo was not the Starcraft 2 engine. Anybody saying that is simply misinformed. The user Kam asked me to write jass trigger in the Trigger Editor of Warcraft III World Editor and then this trigger was running on the stage in the demo because I found a bug in it, then confirmed you can find instances of the bug in my code happening in the recording of Grubby’s stream from that day.

14 Likes

Was that some general trigger, or demo specific thing?

2 Likes

Demo specific trigger for the collapsing houses and villagers. It’s only in the demo. You have to watch as the houses collapse and the players kill the villagers to see it. And you have to know what you’re looking for.

1 Like

wrong reply sry

Do u have any other info about the graphics? are we gettin beta quality or 2018 demo? i have mix feeling , i know demo is finished part of the game using for promo, and beta is for testing and its in progress, but many here says the 2018 quality is scrapped…

1 Like

so…in other words ? what will we get on release date ?

Well the difficulties still lie down about Windows OS especially Windows 7/8/8.1 and so far we don’t even have game specification requirements… Their main focus might be compatibility of OS. So much tests needs to be done to put minimum specs at least. Hopefully they put game specs when its released.

Few complainers still whine that the models are bad, they are not good etc. Well ask your selves this. They use Warcraft III Engine and they can’t just simply import lets say Diablo IV quality models into 16 years old engine. They start first with unfinished models/sounds etc to match the compatibility and then start improving these. But people simply think that what they release its final and no new improvements will be made… Makes me bitter when I see such comments again and again…

My guess is they start first with these and slowly they improve it to make them compatible with the old animations and stuff. Long ago I hired a graphic designer to create a model of Vindicator Maraad for my project map. He experienced various of issues about the technology tools, the team colors the animations but most importantly the old engine.

So maybe instead of whine rush and complain I want you to think about if the person that worked there was you. High pressure is always there when you’re working on a game company. Masses are always impatient but in the near future we can only hope the technology to improve and we can wait less and play new amazing games.

3 Likes

Let put it this way instead, I’m a shareholder or Venture Capital to WC3R because I invested in the game by pre-ordering. The developers or “Directors” at this point, decided to scrape off a bunch of vital features that sold us the “product” in the first place and went completely silent for a year. With the product launching in less than a month, we have ZERO communication from the board of directors and now you’re telling us to rely on pure faith that somehow it will get better? No. If I’m a shareholder, I am risk-averse and would look at this realistically. I would start selling my shares because judging by the slow progression, this is not a promising business and the lack of communication, transparency and planning is just a nail to the coffin.

To those who pre-ordered, start refunding now.

5 Likes

This is very intresting.
What a sad state reforged team was(and likely still is), that they resort to sneakly asking community for help.

On other hand I would have very much prefered if reforged was completly done by guys from hive :joy: (and yes, I know that Kam is working for blizz now). At least there would be some transparency.

if we think like you there wouldn’t be any games to play with and no I don’t want refund in fact I pre-purchased 3 copies of Warcraft III: Reforged + Spoils of War and gift 2 to my friends. Both are happy. While your refund won’t make you play the game you will do us a favor by not being there so we don’t have to listen your complains. And since outsiders don’t know how Blizzard operates don’t spread your plague of lies saying they scrap it…

1 Like

The point is the people’s complaints are in the right here. The lack of communication is a real problem and I don’t understand why people are relying on blind faith. That’s not how business works.

And since outsiders don’t know how Blizzard operates don’t spread your plague of lies saying they scrap it…

Just noticed that you edited this part in. Now that’s a real “plague of lies” since they blatantly admitted in the blizzcon panel that a lot of features have been scrapped off…

1 Like

Blizzard fanatics would happily kill themselves, if Activision said they needed their sacrifice for Warcraft 4.

You cannot reason with these people, and Blizz has lost a lot of market value at the beggining of this year, so buying share from them is a silly risk, specially with so little communicartion, and deflection for cut content.

3 Likes

Going to tepeat here what I said in another topic. I am going to belive it when I see it…

Well, if you see things, then…

Spoiler

you better assemble a Horde.

Some people complain about silence. Others about communication. The reality is that we are all on this forum because of a video game, and we follow the video game to escape reality. So even if we do not have the game in our hands, we want an escape. Complaining… perhaps this offers an escape? Is that how this world came to be as it is?