All news about Reforge

1. It will be released this year
  2. There’s a demo in blizzcon last year.

NOTHING ELSE
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Seriously,blizz? More than half a year passed by, not a single new posted.
Said that there will be a beta in early spring.So where is it?
What I pre-purchase this game for???

23 Likes

Said they were hoping for a beta in early spring.

2 Likes

Classic have the same version of Reforged, 1.31.1. So if you want to try how the game is, try classic that is the gameplay beta you can try.

After news, wait till blizzcon. (in 8 month they gave a picture of NE art and take it off in the same day)

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, I giggled pretty hard reading this. I called this after the first month and a half of total silence, but people like Tri and Omlette would just shoot me down, telling me to “Just wait for the beta.” So here I am, still just waiting for the beta, with the worst form of “I told you so.”

7 Likes

As long as its not cancelled… we’re fine

1 Like
1 Like

Did they say what year spring?

They did not mentioned any spring, they said just they hope for a beta early 2019. Early of a year are the first 3/4 months, now is the middle of 2019. It looks like we get in the last 3 months beta and realise (fall of 2019).

I guess we get beta on blizzcon or after it and realise in december.

1 Like

release date is a placeholder that means no earlier than 2020. blizzard gives players that pre-purchase the normal version of warcraft 3 to play until reforged is released.

You mean, no later. Unless you’re being funny.

1 Like

Sidenote not important:

Been almost 1 month since Pete’s last post.

a december 31 release date means no earlier than the year after. that is a fact. it was done with kingdom hearts 3(multiple december 31 release dates) as well as warcraft 3 reforged(one so far). you should not criticice me for how the gaming business creates false expecations about release dates.

What a stupid name lol Who would give his game such a name?

Would be great, honestly. The more time, the better.

But wouldn’t there be grounds for a class-action lawsuit for false advertisement?

square-enix never got that over kingdom hearts 3 despite pre-selling it on their website. other shops did as well. kingdom hearts 3 is the third in a series just like warcraft 3 is.

1 Like

Is Beta Really Necessary? the game is practically compatible with the current version of Wc3, which has been “stable” for years. I was worried about the lack of information, but all I wanted was more information, templates, news of how the development is. I’m getting worried.

The details are going to be at BlizzCon panels. Whereas Reforged is fine and coming into shape - as per Pete’s admission in the 1.30.0 patch notes.

that there will be new details at BlizzCon is right. However, do we need to wait 1 full year to have a single new story of a game that we will be releasing in 2019?

You will have it. Why is it relevant to you which time of the year you’ll get it, during the development or after?

I do not think it is healthy for the community to be left with no news for a whole year of a game that has an obligation to be released the same year. Many people are not asking for much information, but only a sign of life, a minimum.

2 Likes

Pete said 1.31.0 was the last major patch before Reforged. That’s literally the definition of a “sign of life” - before that, people might have asked whether the project was cancelled. Not anymore.

2 Likes