About save/load of custom

Hello all and blizzard team. Thank you for the reforge lauch.

I have concern about the custom map interface, now there is no interface to lauch for solo player a custom map/campaign, it was way better in legacy , then being obliged to lauch the multiplayer custom map service.

And most of all, we can’t save and load custom map ? I hope it will get change really soon.
Thank you

39 Likes

I concur with this post, will we get an custom game save?

15 Likes

saving and loading triggers inside maps are also broken… basically halts all the fun for me :((

10 Likes

Own games (solo) have been one of the most important features of Warcraft 3 for me. Trying out things from the editor or just building your own maps are part of the title, like the campaign or the online mode. Hopefully this will come…

11 Likes

this is just stupid, why we cant save game in customs?

14 Likes

I concur. I want to play custom games where I can use cheat codes and build my own maps with bots and what not. It seems I can’t do that outside story mode?

9 Likes

I join you. I think that this feature is very important for a lot of people, at least for me. Apart from the remastered campaign, the other main game mode for me is the custom one. I hope it will be implemented asap.

12 Likes

Please, Blizzard, make it happen.

9 Likes

i agree a lot, for solo player save and load is a important part of “the gameplay”, or fun in game. please fix that.

i like the new models, but the gameplay is cause of that worse.

9 Likes

Hi Blizzard. I spend a lot of time playing long games against the AI on custom maps. My inability to save a game is extremely annoying. Please reinstate the functionality ASAP. Thanks.

7 Likes

I concur with the above statements, I like testing custom games and sometimes playing solo against the AI, not being able to save/load has hindered me in doing so satisfyingly. Please blizzard, bring back the save/load feature.

7 Likes

Same here. I basically bought this game only for custom games and I am not a person with much free time. I need the save and load feature for custom games when playing against the AI. It’s something essential for me.

9 Likes

Blizzard can you address the save/load problem for custom games? My brother and I just bought the game so that we can spend a ton of time playing custom games together. The lack of a saving option means that we have to finish a big custom game in one sitting, which is kind of hard if you have a job you have to go to on the next day.

7 Likes

How about a reply you poop factory EA slave.

5 Likes

Played a td custom game this morning and saved after 38 minutes, went to re-load same game in the afternoon and it creates an error report as the game crashes:
6C4C6201-79B1-4305-B8E9-9D3B22172AA3

There haven’t been any patches between when I first played this custom game and it’s still on the exact same map as it was originally. Are we just completely unable to save single player custom games? This seems like a something that should be absolutely expected of any game, much less a massive developer like Blizzard. Are there any plans to fix this and why hasn’t it been fixed if this has been a reported issue since January?

2 Likes

I have yet to hear any news about this. I remember before launch in an interview Pete Stilwell said something like “There are millions of custom games out there and it would be a tragedy to lose them”. Well, not having the ability to save and load custom games ruins thousands of single player or co-op RPGs and other maps. When I’m testing my map the save game option is greyed out and the save game trigger does not work, through GUI or JASS. And since there does not seem to be any response from Blizzard about this, it’s impossible to know whether or not it’s going to get implemented. It would be nice to know, since it is pointless to keep making maps (or playing them) if this will never be fixed.

4 Likes

I only play solo games. I bought this game because of the incredible new graphics. I only get about 10 to 20 minutes at a time to play, so I rely on saving and loading. Kept waiting for Save/Load to be available and it still isn’t. I’ve gone back to playing the original. What a waste of money. Very disappointed after waiting sooo long.

3 Likes

This is a problem for me, too. I also mostly play large custom maps against A.I., sometimes in Coop with friends, and some of these maps are near impossible to complete in one sitting. With this one fix, Blizz could make entire communities happy. No direct money in it, I know, but then I feel like we are not asking for much here…

3 Likes

I mean come on this is the bare minimun blizzard should do

2 Likes

Blizzard, we need custom save. It’s added to SC2 which was released long before W3 Remastered. This missing feature is just lazy development.
Thanks.

7 Likes